• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

New Outerwear- Stio (spam)

Brian Finch

Privateer Skier @ www.SkiWithaGrimRipper.com
Industry Insider
Out of Jackson Hole, skiing for em this season!
image.jpeg

When I'm not swimming in the streams, I'm wearing Stio.

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I've been a fan for a couple of years. I'm in the Environ jacket here in this photo -- I guess I should do a review -- and my Christmas list is full of Stio.

11070223_10152817897726716_8859481901871869434_n.jpg

TS
Brian Finch

Brian Finch

Industry Insider
Really like thier products. Solid, utilitarian designs. Would love to hear your thoughts!

I only wish the still had the yellow environ jacket/pant in my size :roflmao:

SBrown

Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Here's the paraphrased version:

Really like the jacket, it's very lightweight and streamlined, but has just enough pockets. The wrists have zippered instead of velcro closures, which at first I didn't like, but it eventually grew on me. As in the photo above, I just wore gauntlet gloves/mittens, but I've since worn some short cuff mittens, and it actually works fine. Haven't been in a big storm like that yet, though.

One other piece I love is the Dulcet pant. This is a stretchy soft-shell pant that works well for hiking, snowshoeing, and happy hour alike. It's actually long enough for me, which might make it a tad much for the shorter women out there, but it's a tapered cut with a zipper, so can be tucked easily into boots.

f15_w_dulcet_pant_fallen_rock.jpg

Sizing is fairly standard, maybe a touch on the small side. I am 5'9" 140, for comparison, a straight medium in Arc'teryx. I could have gone medium or large on the Environ shell; I ordered both and spent about a week trying to decide which one to keep. Went ahead with the large for layering purposes. The pants are an 8; again, had I wanted a tighter fit, the 6 would have been fine -- maybe in the black that would have worked, but I wanted the khaki, and it's still trim.

Several men in the family have the Race Day sweater, which has been discontinued, but it's a merino zip cardigan lined in Pertex for windproofing. They've held up great under a lot of use over the past few years.

Based out of Jackson Hole, the company has absolutely nailed the combination of function and sophisticated mountain style.

SBrown

Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
They do great end-of-season sales ... most things half off or more. I bought MrSBrown's sweater for fifty bucks. (I think retail was pushing $300?)

SBrown

Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
you're such a shy thing... :0

collecting a bit of firewood or getting ready to clock someone?

Well, the entire photo is really ridiculous, to tell the truth; no need to overshadow the brand. And yes, collecting firewood.

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I've lusted after @SBrown's jacket for quite awhile. I'm also in love with the sweetwater hoodie but have a hard time coughing up that much money for a hoodie.

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Prices are more reasonable than many quality brands. Looks as though I'm gonna need their fleece hoodie.

TS
Brian Finch

Brian Finch

Industry Insider
image.jpeg

New Environ! Bomber w smart features like sculpted cuffs & detachable hood. Perfect fit!

* Yeap I'm in shorts, it was 67 degrees here yesterday.

Sponsor

Staff online