• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

New member from Eastern Canada

TS
crazycanuck

crazycanuck

Getting on the lift
Skier
What happens when @noncrazycanuck bumps into @crazycanuck ?
Imagine the possibilities.
Imagine them riding a chair together, what would that conversation be like?
They might talk about how they trying to emulate those original Crazy Canucks!

Too funny. Throw in my son as mini-crazycanuck and it would indeed be quite the conversation! I do have some great memories of watching the original Crazy Canucks with my dad on CBC back in their heyday.

François Pugh

Skiing the powder
Skier
Great White North (Eastern side currently)
Too funny. Throw in my son as mini-crazycanuck and it would indeed be quite the conversation! I do have some great memories of watching the original Crazy Canucks with my dad on CBC back in their heyday.
I learned to ski by imitating Steve Podborski....without the benefit of teachers (except for cbc race commentary) coaching or prepared courses. Looking back, I think I may have been a crazier Canuck. (Monty python peasant voice) I got better! (/Monty python peasant voice)

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
We spent last NYE partying in a beautiful snow storm that dumped close to a foot in Quebec and then moved out to a condo at Ste. Anne for a few days of skiing there and Le Massif. Ahh 2020 got off to such a great start.

Have always wanted to travel farther east in Canada. Would love to go sailing in the Maritimes.

no edge

Out on the slopes
Skier
Lived in Halifax for a couple of years. 1980. Nice people and good manners. Went to a small area in Quebec on the South side of St Lawrence. It got tons of snow and nobody spoke English... at all. Convinced a guy to fix my car when I pulled out a spare set of points.

TS
crazycanuck

crazycanuck

Getting on the lift
Skier
I adore Le Massif. MSA I enjoy for alpine, but the xc there is awesome. Great stuff. Welcome.

We are certainly loving our new place at MSA. The mountain biking in the summer alone is fantastic, as is the rock climbing in the Saint-Anne du Nord River canyon. And being only 30 minutes from either Massif in one direction or old Quebec City in the other is a huge bonus.

Le Chalet Nova - 1 of 3.jpeg Le Chalet Nova - 2 of 3.jpeg Le Chalet Nova - 3 of 3.jpeg

noncrazycanuck

Out on the slopes
Skier
Been in your region frequently but rarely during ski season, don't expect that will change, despite some very nice skiing there.
If your ever skiing in BC or Alberta let me know, I primarily ski Whistler but also ski a lot of our regions other hills every year.

TS
crazycanuck

crazycanuck

Getting on the lift
Skier
I was at MSA last fall. First time in 15 years. Lots of changes on the way up from the highway. Looks like you need to hitch a ride to the mountain from the condo.

There is a a free shuttle that stops at the end of my street. Or if I drive (about 2 minute) we get free parking for any residents of this neighbourhood.

mister moose

Instigator
Skier
Have always wanted to travel farther east in Canada. Would love to go sailing in the Maritimes.
I've sailed quite a bit in the Maritimes. It's Maine on steroids. More foggy. (NS & NB) More rocky. More remote. More challenging. Better whales. The unsung jewel is the Magdelaines. In Fundy the currents aren't bad, but the tides are 40 feet. In Canso I traded a 6 pack of beer for a 3 gallon bucket of shrimp right off the fishing boat. In Bras D'Or the cows come down to the shore. Everything about it is great except the fog and the long drive to get there.

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
:useless:

MSA:
1226897442_pic2.jpg

1224292289_pic1.jpg

1226897485_pic3.jpg

1224292362_pic2.jpg

msa gondi snowshoe.jpg msa base.jpg msa t-bar.jpg

Le Massif:
le massif 9 boarder view.jpg
le massif 8 vince bumps.jpg

le massif 7.jpg
le massif 6.jpg
le massif 4.jpg
le massif 2.jpg
1224292501_pic4.jpg

Last edited:

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
Since this has become a Canadian thread, I might as well post this here: 1599349017975.jpeg

Sponsor

Staff online