• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

New Member from Burnsville MN

pjcodner

Booting up
Skier
New member here from Burnsville Minnesota just south of Minneapolis. Looking forward to reading as much as I can on here. I am not new to skiing but I am returning back to the sport after about a 15 yr hiatus. I just picked up a new set of Atomic GS11 skis (yep new with older bindings on them) and a new pair of Fischer RC4 Curv 140 ski boots. Going to start waxing and tuning my own equipment as well as my sons who is also getting back into skiing after 15 yrs away.

Winks

AKA "Gary".
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
TS
P

pjcodner

Booting up
Skier
Buck Hill, baby!

Funny I live on the back side of Buck Hill about 5 minutes away and I have never been. I always go to Afton Alps. More runs, little bit longer and usually not too long of lift lines unless it is school trip day then it can be a little crowded. Going to try to head to Granite Peak in Wisconsin in the next few weeks before all the snow melts.

Drahtguy Kevin

Après aficionado
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Funny I live on the back side of Buck Hill about 5 minutes away and I have never been. I always go to Afton Alps. More runs, little bit longer and usually not too long of lift lines unless it is school trip day then it can be a little crowded. Going to try to head to Granite Peak in Wisconsin in the next few weeks before all the snow melts.

I grew up skiing Buck, Afton, Wild, etc. I’ve skied most of the Minnesota hills and a lot of the U.P. Good times.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
BSHS Class of 1982 Braves! I skied on the Buck Hill Freestyle Team from 79-82 and worked for the ski school from 81-83.

goaliedad

Getting off the lift
Skier
I grew up in the Twin Cities as well! Been in California for 34 years, but cut my teeth skiing Afton, Snowcrest, Birch Park. I actually learned on the little rope tow in Marthaler Park in West St Paul, and skied the old Inver Hills area as well when I was very young.

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Shouldn't be a problem there. Granite faces North, with lots of snow.

TS
P

pjcodner

Booting up
Skier
I actually grew up in West Central MN in a town called Glenwood. We had a small ski hill there with two tow ropes. No groomed trails and no snow making but back then it was $.25 to ski all day. Learned to turn pretty quick skiing there because a lot of the skiing was through the woods. Back in the day people would come from all over to watch the ski jumpers take flight off of the 80m hill (I believe that is how big it was) on old wooden jumping skis. Wasn't till I got older that I was able to ski other areas of MN but my favorite was Afton. I have never been to Lutsen either so that is on my list to do. I have never skied in the mountains either. Had a chance one time to ski Jackson Hole, was in line to pick up rentals and then the guy I was with chickened out and decided to not go so we left. Probably the worst mistake I have ever made....

Drahtguy Kevin

Après aficionado
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Ahhh, Glenwood, practically a suburb of Villard and across the lake from Starbuck! Beautiful country out there.

Sponsor

Staff online