• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

New Look Race Toe?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Looks like Look is in the process of moving away from the single pivot toe on their race bindings. I am pretty confident that this is NOT a Dual 14 toe since to was on a DH ski bit it looks like a Multi Directional design.

full

full

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Forgive my ignorance... but multi-directional, as in vertical and horizontal? And normally the toe is just horizontal?

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Forgive my ignorance... but multi-directional, as in vertical and horizontal? And normally the toe is just horizontal?
Yes, actually most toes are multi directional to help in a rearward twisting fall.

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier

The single pivot design of the P15/P18 toe has some vertical give to help in such a situation -- but it won't release straight up alone. Unless you run it at a tiny DIN and don't adjust forward pressure correct.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Any idea who’s ski those were on?
IIRC, Bib #46. It was the first racer after the bad crash and the delay. Normally they do not focus on the gear but I think they were filling dead air until the race continued.

Primoz

Skiing the powder
Skier
This is their DH/SG binding, and it's not really all that new, but it has been in use for quite a while already. SL/GS is still same binding we are all used to see, at least shape wise, on recreational skis.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Wendy
    Resurrecting the Oxford comma
  • Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January