• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

New Indy Pass Announces 68 Days of Skiing at 34 Ski Resorts For $199

gwasson

Mid Atlantic banana belt dweller
Skier
A new, multi-resort ski pass, called the Indy Pass, is now on sale for the 2019-2020 season that will provide two lift tickets each - 68 total days - at 34 independently owned resorts for just $199.

This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190828005436/en/

WESTERN REGION - 14

ALASKA - Eaglecrest Ski Area

ALBERTA - Castle Mountain Resort

BRITISH COLUMBIA - Apex Mountain Resort

CALIFORNIA - Mt. Shasta Ski Park

IDAHO - Brundage Mountain, Silver Mountain

OREGON - Hoodoo

MONTANA - Lost Trail Powder Mountain, Red Lodge Mountain

UTAH - Beaver Mountain

WASHINGTON - 49 Degrees North, Hurricane Ridge, Mission Ridge, White Pass

MIDWEST REGION - 8

MICHIGAN - Big Powderhorn Resort, Pine Mountain Resort

MINNESOTA - Giants Ridge, Spirit Mountain

WISCONSIN - Little Switzerland, Nordic Mountain, Trollhaugen, Tyrol Basin

EASTERN REGION - 12

MASSACHUSETTS - Berkshire East Mountain Resort, Catamount Mountain Resort*

NEW HAMPSHIRE - Pats Peak

NEW YORK - Catamount Mountain Resort*, Greek Peak Mountain Resort

NORTH CAROLINA - Cataloochee Ski Area

PENNSYLVANIA - Blue Knob Resort

VERMONT - Bolton Valley Resort, Magic Mountain, Suicide Six

VIRGINIA - Bryce Resort, Massanutten Resort

WEST VIRGINIA - Canaan Valley Ski Resort

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
Bit of a stretch - Guess it might work if you are in the Mid East or Pac NW but nowhere is compelling enough to be a travel destination on its own

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
I love how Magic is embracing their indy status. I think if you are in the NE it's a great deal because you can very easily do the 2 days at Catamount, Magic, Bolton and S6. That brings each ski day down to $25 a day.

Last edited:

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
I already have firm pass plans for 2020 and tentatively will buy an Aspen Super Senior Season Pass for the 2021 Aspen Gathering (currently sells in spring for $514). I then plan on spending 3-4 weeks at Aspen. However with the Indy Pass I could visit 3-4 areas on the way to Aspen and 2-3 on the way back with not a lot of out of the way travel. I see another 6 week ski trip in the future with visits at several new to me small ski hills.:thumb:

DerKomisar

Putting on skis
Skier
Wish there were a few more Midwest hills included. Might still be worth a nostalgic trip to the UP. Might loop in a day at Mount Bohemia.
For 200 bucks, it might be worth a gamble. I like the idea of the pass, be worth seeing if more smaller operators hopped on to make it even more attractive. Especially for us in the mid coast.

EricG

Lost somewhere!
Skier
I like the concept and I think the price will be super attractive for families that live in southern New England. Be a great tool for them to visit several places and grow their experiences.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
I like it. My plan is to begin to travel a lot (year 2 of my 5 year plan to get out of Dodge) and it could provide cheap skiing at a lot of places if I plan right. I intend to mix up resort with BC and do enjoy the smaller areas in general.

wyowindrunner

Getting off the lift
Skier
Posted in the dirtbag thread- several of the west areas on the pass are mentioned. For 200 simoleons it's a can't miss

wyowindrunner

Getting off the lift
Skier
Bit of a stretch - Guess it might work if you are in the Mid East or Pac NW but nowhere is compelling enough to be a travel destination on its own
Boy, Red Lodge gets swarmed by upper mid west tourista's on long weekends. It's a destination for them! But a lot of the back side- Cole Creek- keeps well if you know where to go. One year in recent memory RLM had a 75 inch base before Christmas, and the nearby areas were starving (BS and Bridger). Anyhow, talked to a lot of folks who cancelled other plans and came down MT212. The town of Red Lodge is unique. Still a true MT town but it is changing. Carbon County has no traffic lights still, I believe. Billings,60 miles away has plenty though. Sadly that much snow that early is rare. The main reason I left for Eastern Idaho.

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
Several of the areas on the Indy pass are also on the Powder Alliance pass (Similar-19 resorts 3 midweek days at each)
Mission Ridge, White Pass, Castle Mt AB are examples !

Itinerant skier

Out on the slopes
Skier
Several of the areas on the Indy pass are also on the Powder Alliance pass (Similar-19 resorts 3 midweek days at each)
Mission Ridge, White Pass, Castle Mt AB are examples !

There's also some overlap with the eastern Freedom Pass. Bolton and Magic specifically. Freedom Pass and Powder Alliance though are both perks on a regular season pass at a member resort. Indy pass is standalone and (aside from the $275 Whaleback season pass that gets you the Freedom Pass) significantly lower commitment. Kind of an IKON/Mt Collective thing.

Slim

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I think the problem is that they are spread to wide geographically, combined with only two days at each resort.
For example, Castle, gets great reviews, but what are you going to to for the rest of the week?
Same with other places:
Let’s say you take a week long trip out somewhere, what do you do the other days of the week?

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I think the problem is that they are spread to wide geographically, combined with only two days at each resort.
For example, Castle, gets great reviews, but what are you going to to for the rest of the week?
Same with other places:
Let’s say you take a week long trip out somewhere, what do you do the other days of the week?

Same issue (or non-issue) with Mountain Collective, after 2 days a 3rd day is available for at least a 10% discount (varies by each resort). Most of these places are pretty affordable to begin with. And many MCP pass holders also make multiple trips to different regions to get the most value out of the pass, so no reason one can’t do this with the Indy pass.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Same with other places:

You spend some of what you saved with the Pass to fill the tank and move on.

Slim

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
You spend some of what you saved with the Pass to fill the tank and move on.
But that is what I meant, I don’t see many places where there is another resort within driving distance to move TO.
Unless you are ok with skiing 2 days, then driving 8 hours and repeating that cycle.

I also wonder how people do it with MCP, but at least those resorts tend to be bigger, so you could consider buying a pass and extending your visit.
These are small places right? Normally, you’d ski them for a day or two, then ski a day or two in a neighboring spot etc. that is a great way to spend a ski trip.

Let’s say I want to do a trip in MT. From Red Lodge to Lost trail is 6 hours. Now if Bridger Bowl was on there, it would seem more like a viable option.

Last edited:

Ski&ride

Out on the slopes
Pass Pulled
Same issue (or non-issue) with Mountain Collective,
Mountain Collective have some “clusters” that you can drive between. Moreover, there’s also the 50% off option. Still, many MCP holders also have a regular pass on the side.

I think that’s what the Iddy pass are for: supplemental to whatever regular passes you have.

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
49 North and Silver Mt are pretty close to each other. Mission Ridge is several more hours drive, those three at least could all be on one trip, maybe throw White Pass in there too if you were heading to/from Seattle or Portland.

That said, yes, it is a bit of a distance between most of the resorts. I wish there was another one or two in closer proximity to Brundage.

sparty

Out on the slopes
Skier
Let’s say I want to do a trip in MT. From Red Lodge to Lost trail is 6 hours. Now if Bridger Bowl was on there, it would seem more like a viable option.

Six hours is considered a completely reasonable after-skiing drive in Montana. :P

Realistically, though, if you ski hard until three, add an hour on the road to grab dinner, six hours still puts you at 10 p.m., which is early enough to get up and ski hard the next two days.

Doing the Lost Trail Powder Mountain to Castle drive the next night would get rugged, though. You might have to call it a little early.

I wouldn't be surprised if that were by design, though—the whole thing gets a lot more sane if you spend three days and call the last day a half-travel day, taking off at one. That also means you (presumably) paid for a lift ticket in addition to the ones included with the pass.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid