• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

New Helmet with Hard Ears?

Levy1

Putting on skis
Skier
I ski very aggressively at high speed enjoying the big GS full speed turns when I am at a mountain where I have the space. I have just moved into the cheater category having demoed and purchased the Rebel I Speed in a 180. I expect to be able to obtain higher speeds with the skis. For the first time in many years I had a bad fall this season hitting my head hard at about 50mph. I was not injured except for a sore neck. Ski tracks said 49MPH for whatever that is worth. I will be 69 this season and wonder if I would be safer with a hard ear helmet like POC, Uvex or any others you can suggest. Some good deals on them now. I am currently skiing with a soft eared smith helmet.

I gave up dirt biking 5 years ago. I broke my leg in three places which results in a 5 degree cant for my right foot, (I still want to get another bike) and I wore every protection device I could buy! I had hundreds of crashes over the years because my buddies all were ex racers and I was always ridding over my head being an adrenaline junky for speed.

I expect to due a little racing with our ski club on our 300 ft hill so maybe I would only wear the helmet for club racing.

Does anyone wear protective clothing when free skiing?
If a hard ear helmet is recommended can I get one with venting?

Sponsor