• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

New England pre season adult race camp

skifastflylow1

Booting up
Skier
The thread about prepping for next year got me thinking-
Are there any early winter adult race camps in northern New England before the race season starts?
I have had zero race training and would like to spend some time getting better. I’m a NASTAR/beer league racer.
I also have a U12 racer that would probably be interest in the same thing especially if it was a father/son camp where ages are split up during the day.
Thanks in advance.

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Killington Race Camp is in early Dec. It's a 5 day camp that focuses on GS skills and running gates. They also have a 2 day Slalom camp.

Google it.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
http://www.cardenaliskicamps.com/camps/

Stratton mid December.
Or... Les Deux Alpes France in July. That's pretty awesome. Did it years ago.

I did the Cardenali camp a few years ago. Broke my collarbone in two places. :rolleyes:

The Grumps rescued me with food and lectures. Cardenali and staff were nice to me as I roamed the condo complex halls in my sling and Percocet halo.

As for the camp, nevermind the injury, it wasn't for me. Their thing seemed.to be watch you ski and make a one-sentence comment once an hour or so. This is great for kids you're going to spend a whole season with, every afternoon. (Several of the coaches were from prep schools, etc.) Not so great for middle aged folk who are only going to do this for three days every five years. I wanted more direction for my money

Karl B

USSA L100
Skier
I recall a camp at Stowe in early December. I believe it was called Bombers race camp. @Josh Matta may have some info.

LiquidFeet

instructor
Instructor
I did the Cardenali camp a few years ago. ....
Their thing seemed.to be watch you ski and make a one-sentence comment once an hour or so. This is great for kids you're going to spend a whole season with, every afternoon. (Several of the coaches were from prep schools, etc.) Not so great for middle aged folk who are only going to do this for three days every five years. I wanted more direction for my money

I also did the camp a few years before Tony S. I came to the same conclusion.

The people who enjoyed the camp the most I think did it for social reasons and simply to get their ski legs back. They attended every year and and met up with the same friends there. The camp helped jump-start their race season while providing social fun. They may also have gotten a good tip and some insightful comments on their ski form. For many it was the first time they got back on skis for the season.