• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

New England Gathering -- Sugarbush and Stowe, March 29th to April 1st

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Ok, the forecast looks "variable" to say the least, but Friday looks like a decent chance at building sunshine and warmth which to me says "Mad River".

I updated the first post in this thread to reflect the change to MRG.

:beercheer:

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Ok, the forecast looks "variable" to say the least, but Friday looks like a decent chance at building sunshine and warmth which to me says "Mad River".

I updated the first post in this thread to reflect the change to MRG.
  • Friday: Mad River Glen. It's not that big. :) Gather outside somewhere between the single and the double, although we'll probably see each other in the base shack, errrr, lodge.
  • Friday afternoon optional: Trip to Dodge boots with @James
  • Saturday. Sugarbush, Lincoln Peak side. Meet near the base of the Super Bravo Express Quad.
  • Saturday night dinner: Zenbarn in Waterbury, 7PM
  • Sunday and Monday at Stowe. Meet at the base of the Fourrunner Quad.
My chances of attending:

- 1, my two Warren Miller film Sugarbush lift ticket vouchers are invalid on weekends:/

+ 2, Epic pass Stowe

+ .5, Liftopia MRG deal, pending last minute availablity.

- 6.5, the ~ 8 hour drive from Philadelphia! ~ 8 hour drive from Philadelphia!! Could use a co-pilot/alt driver.

Fortunately math isn't my first language ... a little help to tip the scales ... mother nature are you listening?

Tony S

Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
My chances of attending:

- 1, my two Warren Miller film Sugarbush lift ticket vouchers are invalid on weekends:/

+ 2, Epic pass Stowe

+ .5, Liftopia MRG deal, pending last minute availablity.

- 6.5, the ~ 8 hour drive from Philadelphia! ~ 8 hour drive from Philadelphia!! Could use a co-pilot/alt driver.

Fortunately math isn't my first language ... a little help to tip the scales ... mother nature are you listening?

OMG. You're coming. Stop perseverating and get your plans and gear together. Pool travel with @SKI-3PO . Now go!

Tony S

Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
So right now its cooler though out the weekend....who know what happens really.

I think MRG will for sure be Corn on Sunny side + cat amount and antelope, and its windless and sunny the whole mountain.

I am legit worried about Stowe right now, the best skiing may again be spruce side due to its southern exposure.

Josh, what are you worried about? That's not in character for you. We're all from the east. We know it's going to suck. Sheesh.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
I am worried for you guys.......;)

Actually I am worried stowe miught shut down the off piste skiing if its not soft.

Tony S

Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I have a stack of buddy tickets and ski-with-a-friend tickets from my Epic pass... @LKLA indicated he could attend at one point, so the three of them have a stack more. @Erik Timmerman , @Josh Matta do you guys have buddy tickets on your employee passes?

In case there was any doubt, I am very much in need of Stowe discounts for Sunday and Monday. Don't want to end up on the "Didn't Speak Up" list. @KevinF , @Josh Matta , @Erik Timmerman

Thanks!!!! :)

TS
KevinF

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
In case there was any doubt, I am very much in need of Stowe discounts for Sunday and Monday. Don't want to end up on the "Didn't Speak Up" list. @KevinF , @Josh Matta , @Erik Timmerman

Thanks!!!! :)

@Josh Matta , can you bring your Stowe vouchers to MRG on Friday? Or I can meet you somewhere (MBL, MOC?) Sunday morning?

Let me know what works for you.

Slow Eddie

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Add me to the “in need of a Stowe deal” list, too!

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
OMG. You're coming. Stop perseverating and get your plans and gear together. Pool travel with @SKI-3PO . Now go!
I'm pretty sure I tore a calf muscle trail running today and it's not looking like I'll be attending the gathering:[

Epic buddy pass deals only work if I'm present, however, if you think you'll ski Sugarbush mid-week (Mon-Fri), shoot me a PM and I'll send you a Warren Miller film free lift ticket code #.

Last edited:

Tony S

Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
This is a blanket "bummer" for the many folks who suddenly can't make it. :hug:

We'll save some raindrops for you.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Got into Waterbury about 9:00. Ended up having to do some work, but I'm clear for the weekend now. :)

What time do lifts start tomorrow? MRG site says 9:00 "midweek" and 8:30 on weekends. Is Friday a midweek day? I assume so, so I'm planning to be there ~8:30.