• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

New England Gathering -- Sugarbush and Stowe, March 29th to April 1st

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'll miss you all and the gathering this year; I'll be in Lake Louise/Banff. Have a great time. Think Snow!

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I'll miss you all and the gathering this year; I'll be in Lake Louise/Banff. Have a great time. Think Snow!
Good for you but bad for us. I enjoyed skiing with you at past Gatherings (and other times).

Steve

SkiMangoJazz
Pass Pulled
Still unsure if I or we will make it, but if we do it would be only for Stowe. I may just ski one day. Have made no lodging plans. If it's just me and someone has a bed they want to rent for Saturday and/or Sunday night, let me know.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
weather update....

Friday - warm and sunny(bodes well for MRG!!)
Saturday - showers but not wet
Sunday - shower and warm
Sunday night -SNOW
monday - Snow into rain accumulation could be enough that it will be good. With that said due to the rain falling on top of it, might want to do an early 8:00 am start, rain on top of fresh snow can some times become glue.

TS
KevinF

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
weather update....

Friday - warm and sunny(bodes well for MRG!!)
Saturday - showers but not wet
Sunday - shower and warm
Sunday night -SNOW
monday - Snow into rain accumulation could be enough that it will be good. With that said due to the rain falling on top of it, might want to do an early 8:00 am start, rain on top of fresh snow can some times become glue.

I’m liking Friday’s forecast. “Sunny and warm” is an MRG forecast for sure. I could go for a corn harvest.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I’m liking Friday’s forecast. “Sunny and warm” is an MRG forecast for sure. I could go for a corn harvest.

Some OpenSnow updates (Date, Snow inches, Weather type, Temp, Snow line elevation, Wind, Gusts, and Cloud cover)

MRG Friday :
upload_2019-3-22_20-31-48.png

SB Friday and Saturday :
upload_2019-3-22_20-33-11.png

Stowe Sunday and Monday (I'm guessing that "below Base" reference is supposed to be for that Sunday night) :
upload_2019-3-22_20-34-6.png

Brad J

Out on the slopes
Skier
So you want to ho on Friday? Ask them about the zipfits. Bring it along.
I asked when i was there, they know Sven Coomer ( zipfit owner ) and wanted to talk to him about using them, They use the same company to manufacturer the linner in Italy. The linner or shell would need to be altered to work. The Dodge liner is not as robust as the Zipfit . I went with my son when he bought Dodge boot , he returned them , he didn't like them for all the reasons i may

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Considering the weather, for next weekend, would you rather be on Stockli Laser SCs, or Atomic Vantage 90s?

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
both...

Vantage for friday.
Vantage for Saturday
Vantage for Sunday(but maybe stocklie depending how cold it is)
and on monday if snow sunday into monday vantage, if it doesnt Stockli

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
both...

Vantage for friday.
Vantage for Saturday
Vantage for Sunday(but maybe stocklie depending how cold it is)
and on monday if snow sunday into monday vantage, if it doesnt Stockli

Well I only have a single case, so can only bring one. And since I'm not skiing Monday... Vantage it is. :thumb:

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
So right now its cooler though out the weekend....who know what happens really.

I think MRG will for sure be Corn on Sunny side + cat amount and antelope, and its windless and sunny the whole mountain.

I am legit worried about Stowe right now, the best skiing may again be spruce side due to its southern exposure.

TS
KevinF

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
Ok, the forecast looks "variable" to say the least, but Friday looks like a decent chance at building sunshine and warmth which to me says "Mad River".

I updated the first post in this thread to reflect the change to MRG.

Sponsor

Staff online