• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

New England Gathering location

• Killington and Sugarbush

Votes: 16 48.5%
  • Stowe and Sugarbush

Votes: 19 57.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
With the Big Sky Gathering being in late February / early March and the hope for some warm sunny weather and some pugs who have mentioned that the NEG should be in late March, the NEG will be the above dates. Question is the location:
  • Sugarbush and Killington are both on the Ikon pass and are about an hour apart according to Google maps. I have no idea what's between Sugarbush and Killington.
  • Sugarbush and Stowe because the New England Gathering always includes Stowe days. Waterbury is convenient "half way point" lodging.

Vote above, comment below, etc.

MarkP

Saturday, and Saturday, and Saturday...
Skier
I vote for keeping "always" going.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm not voting because I am ambivalent. (I have Ikon, but there is a good chance I will burn off the K days at other times.) I'll let those with strong preferences weigh in. I will almost certainly attend either way.

SKI-3PO

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Saw the poll - I’m with @mdf and don’t have a strong opinion either way.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Crud. Much as I love the skiing at Stowe, I can't afford their day passes. Stowe used to get the nod over K for aesthetics as well, but after the big Spruce luxury build-out I'm not so sure anymore. Also think it's good to shake things up and try something new. So I voted for Killington.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I've never been to either K-ton or Stowe, so if I make it up to join you this time, I'd be happy to do either! So I picked both.

Pumba

Out on the slopes
Skier
I voted for the k option since I have the ikon. It’s slightly closer too!

Anyone interested in carpooling from the nyc metro area??

Phelmut

German for Northeasterner
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I voted for K and Sugarbush because i have the Ikon, Stowe prices are crazy, and I belong to a ski lodge that is ~ midway between Killington and Sugarbush on 100. Non-members could stay there cheap with a member and I expect i will be there.

TS
KevinF

KevinF

Team Gathermeister
Crud. Much as I love the skiing at Stowe, I can't afford their day passes. Stowe used to get the nod over K for aesthetics as well, but after the big Spruce luxury build-out I'm not so sure anymore. Also think it's good to shake things up and try something new. So I voted for Killington.

Note that between @LKLA and his family and me we do have a stack of buddy and "ski with a friend" tickets available for Stowe. I'm not sure what the redemption rules are -- i.e., could we cash in on (two) dozen of them for one weekend?

@epic think that the "discount rate" is 50% off the walk-up rate. At any rate, I think we could get attendees in for cheaper than the "normal" rate, but I certainly can't approach the "free" of the Ikon pass.

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Might be in for the first day or so. Once again the NE Gathering coincides with previous travel plans.

I always prefer Stowe to K.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Note that between @LKLA and his family and me we do have a stack of buddy and "ski with a friend" tickets available for Stowe. I'm not sure what the redemption rules are -- i.e., could we cash in on (two) dozen of them for one weekend?

@epic think that the "discount rate" is 50% off the walk-up rate. At any rate, I think we could get attendees in for cheaper than the "normal" rate, but I certainly can't approach the "free" of the Ikon pass.

Nice. Now I'm back to neutral.

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Oh darn, I'll be in Lake Louise / Banff those dates, have fun and hope to catch it next time around.

Kneale Brownson

Making fresh tracks forever on the other side
Instructor
Since Big Sky is out for me (daughters' annual visit is the same time) and since wife and I hope to travel some during winters now that I'm a part-time teacher at Breck, a visit to Stowe could be one choice. I enjoyed Stowe back in the days of blankets on the single chair (do they still do that?), but wife has never skied east of Michigan.

TS
KevinF

KevinF

Team Gathermeister
Since Big Sky is out for me (daughters' annual visit is the same time) and since wife and I hope to travel some during winters now that I'm a part-time teacher at Breck, a visit to Stowe could be one choice. I enjoyed Stowe back in the days of blankets on the single chair (do they still do that?), but wife has never skied east of Michigan.

The Stowe single chair is long gone; they do still have a creaky old double chair though, but staying warm is your problem. Setting fire to the Green Mountain forest to generate a bit of warmth is frowned upon. :(

There are a few remaining concrete footing blocks for the single-chair lift towers though. They're conveniently located on the back-side of moguls so you can't see them until it's too late.

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Nothing against Sugarbush, but I would guess that we have way more posters from Stowe and Killington if you want to choose VT mountains. They're just so far apart, but I've never been to Stowe...

Steve

SkiMangoJazz
Pass Pulled
I have an epic local pass so Stowe is free, but I also love Sugarbush. In addition except on Saturdays I get ½ off at Killington with my Wachusett pass, so it all looks good to me.

So for price it would be Stowe and Killington, but whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor