• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

New England Demo Days

TS
TheArchitect

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I was there yesterday as well and can confirm that the demo fleet was split at Sugarloaf. I didn’t see anything in the Nordica tent except for Enforcers/Santa Ana type skis.

I skied mostly front side skis K2 Supercharger, Parlor Warbird, Salomon Blast, Volkl Deacon 76 and did a few runs on the Mindbender 90 Ti. I put my thoughts in a a thread in the gear review forum.

It was great fun. I think I was around the Kastle and K2 tent at one point at the same time as TheArchitect and his son.

Short, old fat guy in an orange Strafe jacket and a taller, young thin kid in a red jacket. Did you see the Pugski sticker on my helmet?

Chef23

Getting on the lift
Skier
Short, old fat guy in an orange Strafe jacket and a taller, young thin kid in a red jacket. Did you see the Pugski sticker on my helmet?

I missed the Pugski sticker but I am a about 6’ and have a black Strafe jacket. I think it was near the Kastle tent early I was getting on a pair of MX 74s then later I think you were behind me at the K2 tent. I remember it being a father and son.

skiki

Out on the slopes
Skier
They were blowing snow on some trails so I got to try all the skis in soft snow and hardpack
Normally I avoid skiing under the guns, but I agree yesterday it was nice to be able to compare how the skis did in the different conditions. Hitchcock was my favorite for the day. Guns going on all but the bottom part, which was definitely scraped by around 1, but not too much traffic. The Santa Ana 88 was a clear winner for me. I was hoping to compare the 165 and the 158, but apparently the 158 went to Sugarloaf. I've been doing the math today-- 15% off if you buy one of the demoed skis before the 13th, and this week they also have a deal where you get an extra 10% on COW card purchases. Put enough on a Cow card to buy the skis? Hmmm, I wonder what Santa would say?

TS
TheArchitect

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I missed the Pugski sticker but I am a about 6’ and have a black Strafe jacket. I think it was near the Kastle tent early I was getting on a pair of MX 74s then later I think you were behind me at the K2 tent. I remember it being a father and son.

I saw you. I noticed the Strafe jacket because I have one as well.

Chef23

Getting on the lift
Skier
Normally I avoid skiing under the guns, but I agree yesterday it was nice to be able to compare how the skis did in the different conditions. Hitchcock was my favorite for the day. Guns going on all but the bottom part, which was definitely scraped by around 1, but not too much traffic. The Santa Ana 88 was a clear winner for me. I was hoping to compare the 165 and the 158, but apparently the 158 went to Sugarloaf. I've been doing the math today-- 15% off if you buy one of the demoed skis before the 13th, and this week they also have a deal where you get an extra 10% on COW card purchases. Put enough on a Cow card to buy the skis? Hmmm, I wonder what Santa would say?

I think Santa would say you have been good and deserve new skis.

Sponsor