• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Don’t know if any outlandish people can see this, but I’ll give it a shot. It aired yesterday. It’s called ”Defeat the Mountain - a film about downhill racing”, directly translated. It is 60 minute documentary about downhill racing and downhillers in general, and Åre and the prep. for the finals last year in particular. Beatiful work by Johan Candert. All narration in Swedish (sorry) but quite a lot of the dialogue in English. Ganong, Lindsey, Dressen, Svindal ... all in there.

https://www.svtplay.se/video/20804676/besegra-berget-en-film-om-stortlopp

QueueCT

Getting off the lift
Skier
Doesn't look that way. I'm in the United States and get the following message:

Programmet kan bara ses i Sverige

TS
Swede

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Ok, then I know. ”Program can only be viewed in Sweden”. Sorry for being a tease.

TS
Swede

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
You guys get all of the good stuff! HaHa!

I’ll admit that it’s easier to get your fix over here if ski racing is your drug. But we don’t get ”champagne powder”. I’ll keep an eye out for postable versions or at least outtakes. It’s a fresh take on the subject. Really paints a picture of all the hassle ... Beatiful cinematography. Let’s keep our fingers crossed for great weather in two weeks.