• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Sponsored New Brand Introduction: Rollerblade!

https://www.skiessentials.com/

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
This thread has inspired me to dig out my old Rollerblades.
Fortunately there wasn't anything living in them. ;)

Rollerblade.jpg

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
This thread has inspired me to dig out my old Rollerblades.
Fortunately there wasn't anything living in them. ;)

View attachment 45166

A very interesting boot that looks like it provides a lot of lateral support. What is the function of the thing in back of the heel that looks like a miniature hockey puck?

Could this Rollerblade boot have been the inspiration for the Apex Frame ski boot?

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
A very interesting boot that looks like it provides a lot of lateral support. What is the function of the thing in back of the heel that looks like a miniature hockey puck?

Could this Rollerblade boot have been the inspiration for the Apex Frame ski boot?
This was a 240.00 Rollerblade back in its day, (2009-10??) which was fairly decent. I just didn't have many people to skate with and I tend to be a social kind of participant in things like this. (but you knew that)
When I bought them I recall it being about 300.00(ish) for the skates, wrist guards, elbow pads and knee pads.
That thing in the back is to tighten the laces, (pre boa).
The red button at the bottom releases the laces to loosen the tongue. When you pull the "puck" it tightens the laces. Its official name is THS Power, Ratchet Buckle.
Here's a video on how the ratchet system works.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
It's a bit like the instep cable on a Salomon rear entry boot!

TS
SkiEssentials

SkiEssentials

Slashing Turns and Prices
SkiTalk Sponsor
@SkiEssentials Are you going to also carry the replacement wheels? Coincidentally, I got the RB80 ~2 weeks ago. Just learning now how to skate and starting to go out on the asphalt. I think I will be needing new wheels soon. Hoping I don't wear through the next set as quickly -- I have mainly been learning to stop reliably, which I guess chews up the wheels a good bit.

So we actually already increased our selection for Rollerblades and accessories! We picked up the Hydrogen Wheels 80 and 84. Those along with some other new skates and accessories will go up on our site in the next few days.

Sponsor

Staff online