• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Screen Shot 2018-06-26 at 6.39.37 PM.png

https://www.pugski.com/forums/#heritage-and-equipment-retrospect.101

@Dave Petersen and @Dwight put a ton of work in creating the page, images, and links. Our resident historians @Bill Talbot, @Joal and @Doug Briggs also helped with some guidance. Just click on "Retrospect and Ski Industry by Brand," and you will be redirected to a glossary of brands. As time goes on, we will be updating the brands; as usual, feel free to continue to add images and anecdotes as you have in the past. If you see a brand that is not being represented and you have images to add, please let @Dave Petersen know and we can get it done.

https://bit.ly/RetrospectIndex
Pugski Retrospect Ski Industry Index by Brand

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
An internet force of Retro Ski Industry information.
I encourage all the Pugskier's to add what they can to make this THE place to look for all things from skiing's golden past!
Thank you Dave and Dwight for all the work that went into this!!! :D

Peter Thornton

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
I have noted that on the Salomon Page there is picture posted by Bill Talbot of a pair of Salomon 500 bindings - I am wondering if these might be available for sale - I had a set on my Rossi 210s in the '70s - but threw them away years ago after they broke! - I now need a set to recreate them for a wall display for our lodge in Falls Creek Australia.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I have noted that on the Salomon Page there is picture posted by Bill Talbot of a pair of Salomon 500 bindings - I am wondering if these might be available for sale - I had a set on my Rossi 210s in the '70s - but threw them away years ago after they broke! - I now need a set to recreate them for a wall display for our lodge in Falls Creek Australia.
@Bill Talbot

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider

"I have noted that on the Salomon Page there is picture posted by Bill Talbot of a pair of Salomon 500 bindings - I am wondering if these might be available for sale - I had a set on my Rossi 210s in the '70s - but threw them away years ago after they broke! - I now need a set to recreate them for a wall display for our lodge in Falls Creek Australia" Peter.

Well this all worked out and Peter got his old kit together to display @ the lodge. Thank you goes out to @Mack for making this happen!

Downunder03.jpg

SecretAgentMan

Putting on skis
Pass Pulled

full

@Dave Petersen and @Dwight put a ton of work in creating the page, images, and links. Our resident historians @Bill Talbot, @Joal and @Doug Briggs also helped with some guidance.

You guys did an excellent job with the Heritage and Equipment Retrospect section. A small request. I am going to send to you, @Philpug, a photo of me holding the Hexcel Sundance that I purchased on Pugski from @Doug Briggs. Please have @Dave Petersen at his leisure incorporate the photo into the Ski Industry Index graphic so that I see myself surrounded by "vintage" ski equipment whenever I scroll down to the Heritage and Equipment Retrospect section. Thanks and keep up the good work.

Sponsor

Staff online