• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Need to replace connector for a 12V power cord for my Dry Point heated boot bag

Ice Queen

Booting up
Skier
Does anyone know what this connector is called? I have a Dry Point boot bag, my husband has a different brand. We accidentally plugged his into mine and mine into his (insert joke of your choice here), and fried one end as you can see in the picture. We also can't really get them apart. Oops. Anyway, I've been all over the place trying to find someone who can even tell me what this thing is called. It allows you to leave the 12V plug in the car while you disconnect your boot bag to bring it inside. It's very convenient. I figured I could just find two new sets of connectors and then splice them to the wire after cutting out the old fried connectors. But I can't find any replacements.

I know I could just get a convertor that would allow me to plug the bag's regular household power cord into a 12V power supply, but that's not as convenient. Any thoughts? I've emailed Point Dry and am waiting to hear back. They're a German company, hopefully they'll understand my English email. Thanks for any suggestions.

upload_2018-12-19_18-13-54.jpeg

TS
Ice Queen

Ice Queen

Booting up
Skier

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
probably way more interesting than looking up endless auto part number all day long.

Sponsor

Staff online