• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Need to know where to mount bindings on Marker Piston Plate

V-95

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
I bought an unused pair of Blizzard DH skis and they have the Marker Piston Plate already installed. I have a pair of 2017 Marker Race XCell bindings that I am mounting and need to know what holes on the plate to use for a boot sole length of 327. It seems as if there is a chart out there somewhere with this info on what holes to use for different BSL's, but I can't find it. Anyone know?

Thanks,
Bill

TS
V

V-95

Skier

OldJeep

Getting off the lift
Skier
No offense, but this isnt rocket science. Line up ski centerline with boot centerline and use the holes in the plate that put the binding there.
Been a while since I mounted to a piston plate, but with the holes all there it is awful hard to screw it up.

TS
V

V-95

Skier

I do appreciate the help. However, there is no centerline marked on the ski, nor the plate. Yesterday I searched the manual you have a link to in your response and it only describes how to mount the bindings directly to the ski, not where to mount on the plate. There is supposedly a manual out there that says what holes on the plate to use for different BSL. This info is what is needed because there is no centerline marker. However, I can't seem to find it.

OldJeep

Getting off the lift
Skier
I do appreciate the help. However, there is no centerline marked on the ski, nor the plate. Yesterday I searched the manual you have a link to in your response and it only describes how to mount the bindings directly to the ski, not where to mount on the plate. There is supposedly a manual out there that says what holes on the plate to use for different BSL. This info is what is needed because there is no centerline marker. However, I can't seem to find it.

It shows right on page 69 how to mount the bindings you have to the plate. Right side of the page.
At this point it might be advisable to take them to a ski shop, sounds like this is the first time you have ever done this and are having trouble understanding the manual

TS
V

V-95

Skier
Thanks so much. I read the manual about the marker xcell binding, but didn't see the info about bsl and hole position on the plate on page 69. I think I was just frustrated at that point last night. This is exactly what I need. Thank you so much!

I have done this before, just not with the plate. I think between two new puppies and four young kids, I just missed this part of the manual.

OldJeep

Getting off the lift
Skier
Just make sure you pay attention to the required screw length info on the bottom of that page so you don't drive them through the plate into the ski.

Sponsor

Staff online