• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Need Help: Nordica Navigator 80 vs. 85 vs. 90

DB Cooper

Putting on skis
Skier
Can someone on here walk me through these skis and outline the differences (aside from width)? I understand the Navigator 90 is going away to be replaced by the Enforcer 88 but I'd still like to know more about this ski as well as the others in the Navigator family.

As some of you may have seen on previous posts, I am an Enforcer acolyte. The 93 185 is my daily driver and absolutely love it which is why I am interested in learning more about the Navigator as a possible compliment for the narrower end of my quiver. I'm looking for something to take out on groomer days but can still venture off-piste (80/20 on/off) and in the bumps if conditions are right. I consider myself an expert although I know I have room for improvement in all aspects of my skiing. When conditions are right I much prefer to ski off-piste but once spring hits I take great pleasure in cruising groomers in the warm sun if stuff off the trail is all crusty and nasty. I'm 6'3", 215 and live in UT (ski mostly Canyons and Deer Valley but really all over the Wasatch). My current frontside machine is the Atomic Vantage X 83 CTI and while I find it perfectly adequate I think there could be a better choice for me out there.

Thanks!

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I think it is pretty straight foward the diffences between the three skis in the Navigator family. You have very good skis now at 93 and 83. Is there something better? Sure but whatever you gain will be a cost somewhere else. Are you looking to replace these two skis with one? If so, the 90 would be a good option. Of you are just looking to buy another ski, look elsewhere because you are set between 83 and 93. Look wider, powder ski or narrower, a dedicated hard snow ski, SL or tecnical carver in the low 70's underfoot. Sorry, this might not be the answer you wanted.

trailtrimmer

Stuck in the Flatlands
Skier
The navigator family of skis is softer than your E93. If you are looking for an easy cruiser to play with the family, perfect. If you are looking for upping your groomer game, they are a step in the opposite direction from your Atomic 83's.

TS
DB Cooper

DB Cooper

Putting on skis
Skier
They would be replacements for the atomic 83s.

I think it is pretty straight foward the diffences between the three skis in the Navigator family. You have very good skis now at 93 and 83. Is there something better? Sure but whatever you gain will be a cost somewhere else. Are you looking to replace these two skis with one? If so, the 90 would be a good option. Of you are just looking to buy another ski, look elsewhere because you are set between 83 and 93. Look wider, powder ski or narrower, a dedicated hard snow ski, SL or tecnical carver in the low 70's underfoot. Sorry, this might not be the answer you wanted.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
The navigator family of skis is softer than your E93. If you are looking for an easy cruiser to play with the family, perfect. If you are looking for upping your groomer game, they are a step in the opposite direction from your Atomic 83's.

It is true that the navigators are a relatively soft ski. But it is not true that makes them inferior. If you get a chance, demo the longest size and give yourself a couple of runs to get used to the difference in feel. I love mine and they bust crud just fine...stiffer ski not required. The flat tail holds very well on icy groomers, too.

tball

Unzipped
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
My current frontside machine is the Atomic Vantage X 83 CTI and while I find it perfectly adequate I think there could be a better choice for me out there.

They would be replacements for the atomic 83s.

Please elaborate. When do you choose the Atomic 83s over your Enforcer 93? What would you like the replacement for the Atomic 83s to do better?

Sponsor