• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

NE MTB Gathering Exploratory Poll

Pick ALL Weekends You Could Attend

• 07/20-21

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • 07/27-28

• 08/03-04

• 08/10-11

• 08/17-18

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • 08/24-25

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • 09/07-08

• 09/14-15

• 09/21-22

• 09/28-29

Votes: 5 83.3%

• Total voters

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Trying to get a sense of level of interest for a Sat-Sun outing. Assuming for now it would be at Kingdom Trails in East Burke, Vermont, just because it's reasonably central and lots of us know the trails well enough to maximize fun on a short visit.

Please vote if you have a good faith interest in attending. It's not a commitment. On the other hand please do not vote if you know realistically that you would not attend.

TS
Tony S

Tony S

Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Yes, I left out Labor Day weekend on purpose.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
I have no preference if its in KTA. Since I am probably the closest pugskier to KTA......

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
nevermind I voted late because it will be cooler and probably no bugs....

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Voted for mid September date but my calendar is mostly open for most of September.

TS
Tony S

Tony S

Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Voted for mid September date but my calendar is mostly open for most of September.

Thanks. Please vote for ALL of the dates that can work for you - Doodle poll style. :)

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
This is a bit of a thread hijack, but FYI: I'm converging with about five PugSkiers for a retired-geezers 30 mile bike ride on the Great Allegheny Passage (GAP) trail in western PA and would like to invite any interested parties to join us. This is set-up for Thursday, July 11 (WEATHER DEPENDENT), starting at approx 10:30 AM. We'd start in Meyersdale, PA and finish in Confluence, PA. We ride hybrid bikes and go slow, the GAP trail is really pleasant and quiet especially on weekdays. It consists of crushed stone over an old rail bed with mild gradients. We'll have multiple cars to shuttle bikes and bikers and do a group lunch at the finish before going our separate ways.
index.php

index.php

TS
Tony S

Tony S

Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Trying to get a sense of level of interest for a Sat-Sun outing. Assuming for now it would be at Kingdom Trails in East Burke, Vermont, just because it's reasonably central and lots of us know the trails well enough to maximize fun on a short visit.

Please vote if you have a good faith interest in attending. It's not a commitment. On the other hand please do not vote if you know realistically that you would not attend.

Bump

TS
Tony S

Tony S

Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Okay then.

Lauren

AKA elemmac
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Interested and following where this one goes....

Haven’t ridden nearly enough this year, so can always use a reason to get out on the trails.

TS
Tony S

Tony S

Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Interested and following where this one goes....

Haven’t ridden nearly enough this year, so can always use a reason to get out on the trails.

Great! Did you vote?

Lauren

AKA elemmac
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Only can make two of the weekends due to a busy August coming up. But my votes are in.

TS
Tony S

Tony S

Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Well, Murphy's Law kicks in as usual. I've suddenly come down with a mysterious illness that has taken a bead on my knees as enemy #1. WTF? Had a bunch of blood work done and ... inconclusive. I'm thinking Lyme, but who knows. The best doctors within a five mile radius are working on the case. Meanwhile can barely descend a flight of stairs. Until this resolved in some way I really can't press on with this campaign. But still hoping we can put something together!

Last edited:

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
I have a similar disease..they've determined it's something called "old age". :eek: I hope your outcome is better than mine! :D

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Well, Murphy's Law kicks in as usual. I've suddenly come down with a mysterious illness that has taken a bead on my knees as enemy #1. WTF? Had a bunch of blood work done and ... inconclusive. I'm thinking Lyme, but who knows. The best doctors within a five mile radius are working on the case. Meanwhile can barely descend a flight of stairs. Until this resolved in some way I really can't press on with this campaign. But still going we can put something together!

Can't really say I know how you feel. I am experiencing a similar case at home. Mamie woke up couple days ago with pain in her knee. Never had that before. She has been taking it easy around the house for the last few days. About thirty minutes ago, she proclaimed she is feeling much better. Good enough to go shopping tomorrow. Just like that. Hope you have a miraculous recovery like she did.
Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

I have a similar disease..they've determined it's something called "old age". :eek: I hope your outcome is better than mine! :D

You do know "old age" is terminal, eh.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Well, Murphy's Law kicks in as usual. I've suddenly come down with a mysterious illness that has taken a bead on my knees as enemy #1. WTF? Had a bunch of blood work done and ... inconclusive. I'm thinking Lyme, but who knows. The best doctors within a five mile radius are working on the case. Meanwhile can barely descend a flight of stairs. Until this resolved in some way I really can't press on with this campaign. But still hoping we can put something together!

Yikes! Don't screw around with that. Some of those tick-borne diseases are simple to treat early and basically permanent later.
Hope you get better soon.

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister

Bad news. I hear the "old age" thing is fatal. Sorry for the bummer diagnosis.

@Tony S , yikes... Hope you feel better soon!

Sponsor

Staff online