• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

NC in the house!

Spry

NE to NC skis
Skier
Spry from N.C. here, found you through the NYT article. Born and raised in Nebraska but now call NC home. I just finished skiing Snowshoe WV for the first time and it wasn’t bad but I yearn for the great powder and long runs of the West. I’d like to join some of your club trips.

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Welcome! Glad you found the site.

TS
Spry

Spry

NE to NC skis
Skier
Durham here. Will drive 3 hours up and back to ski a couple times a season.. Further for overnighters, but not as often as I used to.
I was surprised by the narrow runs at Snowshoe. My first time skiing in the East.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Little 365 vert Appalachian is having $5 day tickets next Saturday and Sunday. I will probably drive up for a few hours one of those two days.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Asheville is a really cool town, before I moved to Reno, it was on my short list if I was going to stay east. My son was considering at Warren Wilson College at one point. Check out The Gathering Forum for our upcoming trips.

Carolinacub

Yes thats a Cubs hat I'm wearing
Skier
Little 365 vert Appalachian is having $5 day tickets next Saturday and Sunday. I will probably drive up for a few hours one of those two days.
I was planning the same thing but the rain scared me off. I'll be danged if my first day on the slopes this year is spent getting wet.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier

Carolinacub

Yes thats a Cubs hat I'm wearing
Skier

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
My bad I was thinking it was the weekend we just had. Let me know if you go, maybe we can finally meet up.
Will do. Sunday mid day is probably going to be best for me. Big college games Saturday and my team is still alive. I'll let you know Saturday evening when I make the go/no go call.

TS
Spry

Spry

NE to NC skis
Skier
Just getting back to this site after family time in Nebraska. I’m going to give NC skiing a fair shot after skiing Snowshoe, WV. I’m going to Vancouver for a work trip first weekend in Feb. and planning a side trip. Anyone else out there around that time? Would appreciate company!

Sponsor

Staff online