• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

National Pasta Day, 17- Oct. 2016

VickieH

Contrarian
Skier
This feels like the big leagues for food. And my taste is so simple. I'm just going to sit over here on the sidelines and watch and eat my lemon brownie.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
This feels like the big leagues for food. And my taste is so simple. I'm just going to sit over here on the sidelines and watch and eat my lemon brownie.

That's a really weird pasta.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Today is National Pasta Day so let me ask all those not afraid to eat carbs.

What is your favorite Pasta?

Mine is angel hair pasta with shrimp and hot peppers in a red sauce. (Photos are optional)
Depends....
Sometimes I just want spaghetti.
Sometimes I want Lemon linguine
Sometimes I love mac-n-cheese.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
I'm not familiar with sweet pastas, but you suddenly had me imagining pasta-based kolachi.

A starter version might be fettuccine tossed with a pesto of ground walnuts, carob powder and a bit of sugar; the only trick is to get rid of any strong olive oil you might be using. It works even better with leftover pasta, just fry-heat it up in a pan first.

(fwiw where I'm from any cake that is not a torte is a kolač (plural: kolači). Thus I have no idea what USAians mean when they use that word since a brownie is a kolač).

Sponsor

Staff online