• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

National Nurses Day

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
I was watching TV this morning and they announced that it is National Nurses Day so first I sent a text to my daughter who is a nurse. Next I thought that if you ever gotten hurt skiing you probably had to have contact with a nurse so I did a quick search but don't find out if we have a nurses thread, but did not find one. So here we go Happy Nurses Day and paging @SkiNurse to the white ski phone.

graham418

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I have been using the services of nurses quite a bit recently. The unsung heroes of our health care system.
All hail the Nurses :hail::hail::hail:

Uncle Louie

The Original Gathermeister
Skier
Thanks to @SkiNurse for checking in on me from time to time following my last major injury.

I had a male nurse for my short stay in the hospital in Utah March 2018. Very cool guy.

My sister was a nurse too.

The certainly do most of the "heavy lifting" don't they !

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
@SkiNurse has nursed most of us some time or another during our ski trips.

Dakine

Far Out
Inactive
My wife is a retired RN with lots of ortho experience.
I thought this would be a plus when we got married.
Turns out professionals don't much care for stupid man tricks that end up in injury.
"You deserve it, dumbass"
I love her anyway.... :)

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
Belleville, Ontario,/ Mont Tremblant, Quebec
My mother was a nurse and like @Dakine says about his wife, we were in the same boat.

"You're sick, why are you out of bed!" or "You're not sick enough, not to go to school!" Hard to pull one over a ped's nurse.

She never pushed me into the profession, except to say, back in 1975, if you want to do this, you'll need a B.Sc.N, not just nursing school. She was years ahead of herself.

Happy Nursing Day!

TS
Uncle-A

Uncle-A

Skier
Our middle child just graduated with her BSN this weekend.

Outstanding profession and great career!
Congrats to your middle child and to you. My daughter is a BSN and working in the city. She loves her job and as a parent I couldn't be happier. What school did your second child graduate? There are so many good schools and we need great nurses.

TS
Uncle-A

Uncle-A

Skier
This year 2020 National Nurse's Day holds a new meaning for many. So today is our communities chance to show some love to those who have given so much.
Happy National Nurse's Day

SkiNurse

Spontaneous Christy
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
This year 2020 National Nurse's Day holds a new meaning for many. So today is our communities chance to show some love to those who have given so much.
Happy National Nurse's Day
:hug: :mask:

Sponsor