• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Narrower or wider?

James

Out There
Instructor
There's another SR 95 for sale. The carbon insert tip version. Spaceage.

TS
U

Ulysses

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Thanks for the heads up on the Swap Shop. I hadn't even considered it. The Stockli looks intriguing, but I'm worried that 180+ length might be too tough for me in the bumps and trees. Thinking 170's.

Since I demoed the Kore 93 and liked it, it's probably the one I'm going to buy. Next year, maybe I'll get one that's on the wider side.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Since I demoed the Kore 93 and liked it, it's probably the one I'm going to buy. Next year, maybe I'll get one that's on the wider side.

Hard to argue with that.

Plus, along with your impressions, the 93 seems to be the best regarded of the Kore series by many testers.

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
Thanks for the heads up on the Swap Shop. I hadn't even considered it. The Stockli looks intriguing, but I'm worried that 180+ length might be too tough for me in the bumps and trees. Thinking 170's.

The Stockli at 184cm has less contact length than most 165cm SL skis. Same can be said for most skis with some degree of true rocker. Most of the ski isn't on the snow unless the snow is 3D or you're in a high edge angle turn. I mention all this because your comment is common and is a misunderstanding of how ski geometry changes how we should all think about ski total length. I'll also mention that my 190cm DPS Wailer 112RP skis are quicker turning than my 183cm Stockli SR95, 179cm Scott Crusade, and 170cm Hart Pulse. Only my true SL skis can rival what a heavily rockered ski does.

Sponsor