Narrower or wider?

Discussion in 'Hardgoods: Skis, Bindings, Poles, and More' started by Ulysses, Mar 14, 2019.

1. James

James Skiing the powder Instructor

There's another SR 95 for sale. The carbon insert tip version. Spaceage.

Ulysses likes this.
  2. Black Dog

Black Dog Its all downhill from here.. Skier

You know you are on the right skis when more than one Lifty says "nice skis!"

Woodgrain and Ulysses like this.
  3. Thread Starter
    TS
    Ulysses

Ulysses At the base lodge Skier

Thanks for the heads up on the Swap Shop. I hadn't even considered it. The Stockli looks intriguing, but I'm worried that 180+ length might be too tough for me in the bumps and trees. Thinking 170's.

Since I demoed the Kore 93 and liked it, it's probably the one I'm going to buy. Next year, maybe I'll get one that's on the wider side.

Tom K. likes this.
  4. Tom K.

Tom K. HRPufnStf Skier

Hard to argue with that.

Plus, along with your impressions, the 93 seems to be the best regarded of the Kore series by many testers.

5. Noodler

Noodler Now trading turns for swings... Skier

The Stockli at 184cm has less contact length than most 165cm SL skis. Same can be said for most skis with some degree of true rocker. Most of the ski isn't on the snow unless the snow is 3D or you're in a high edge angle turn. I mention all this because your comment is common and is a misunderstanding of how ski geometry changes how we should all think about ski total length. I'll also mention that my 190cm DPS Wailer 112RP skis are quicker turning than my 183cm Stockli SR95, 179cm Scott Crusade, and 170cm Hart Pulse. Only my true SL skis can rival what a heavily rockered ski does.