• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Anyone know who makes the Traverse skis?

20190121_104104.jpg
20190121_104138.jpg
20190121_104146.jpg

BC.

NEPA ShopRat/Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Manufacturer Xander Bicycle Corporation

From the manufacturer
Traverse Atlas Men’s Big Mountain Ski

02d0ba99-cd6b-4db3-af65-f3b8974bac5b._SR230,100_.jpg

Traverse was built around a culture of pushing to reach furt
  • R+D is done in-house.
  • Action sports-oriented team.
  • Serious appreciation for the outdoors.
  • Your safety is our top priority.
  • Your comfort is a close second.

Top tier ski tech that provides you with a season's worth of smooth and fluid riding
You live for powder and find yourself venturing out of bounds, but you still want to lead your pack and charge out of your turns with stability on hard-pack. Introducing the traverse atlas big mountain ski. Designed for the rider who's back country dreams sometimes end up back on piste where holding an edge is crucial.

• Big mountain ski with Poplar wood core
  • 116mm waist width
  • Rockered tip & tail
  • Camber underfoot
  • Full Austria-imported steel edges
  • ABS sidewalls
  • Speedy sintered base

5d2ea23c-0642-4c84-9de1-8ec62c50a36c._SR970,300_.jpg

All conditions covered
A 116mm waist width assists this versatile ski in floating over the crud while remaining stable through out freshly groomed tracks.

Make the mountain yours
Atlas utilizes their ABS sidewalls to protect the light and responsive poplar wood core from damage. Full steel edges also help to protect from damage while increasing agility, allowing you to attack the mountain from any and every angle. These Big Mountain skis come equipped with a sintered base to assure a speedy ride while remaining simple to maintain, leaving you with the freedom to focus on crushing that Black diamond run you've been eyeing all season.

Built to be wild
Rockered tip and tail with camber underfoot allow for playful pivoting when initiating turns whether you're smashing through a steep and deep morning or racing to the bottom on corduroy.

Description
You live for powder and find yourself venturing out of bounds, but you still want to lead your pack and charge out of your turns with stability on hard-pack. Introducing the traverse atlas big mountain ski. Designed for the rider who's back country dreams sometimes end up back on piste where holding an edge is of almost equal importance. A 116mm waist width assists this versatile ski in floating over the crud while remaining stable through out freshly groomed tracks. Rockered tip and tail with camber underfoot allow for playful pivoting when initiating turns whether you're smashing through a steep and deep morning or racing to the bottom on corduroy. The atlas utilizes its ABS sidewalls to protect the light and responsive poplar wood core from damage. Full steel edges also help to protect from damage while increasing agility, allowing you to attack the mountain from any and every angle. These one-ski-quiver skis come equipped with a sintered base to assure a speedy ride while remaining simple to maintain, leaving you with the freedom to focus on crushing that Black diamond run you've been eyeing all season. These skis offer top tier technology that provide you with a season's worth of smooth and fluid riding whether you're hitting the steep and deep or cruising the crud. The bottom line is if you need one ski to get you through a season's worth of powder stashes, that won't back down from harder or more variable terrain with ease the atlas are the skis for you.

Features & details
  • Big mountain ski with Poplar wood core that eliminates unneeded weight while also administering unyielding strength, stability, and shock absorption as you ride
  • 116mm waist width helps this Big mountain ski float in deep powder and keep a stable edge on your hard pack turns
  • Rockered tip & tail helps to increase float in powder, while providing less catch when cruising the hard packed on your way to the ski lift
  • Camber underfoot offers remarkable edge hold and surprisingly tight turn radius in deeper snow
  • Full Austria-imported steel edges safeguard skis from damage while ensuring long-lasting durability along with increased agility

TS
Dwight

Dwight

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Dang, I searched everywhere and couldn't find that info. Thanks

They can be had for $130 on ebay. I was surprised with full side walls.

Bob Simpson

Putting on skis
Skier
I am betting that Elan is making these skis, especially since they tlk about Austrian components. Their factory is on the Austria Slovenia border. Heck, back in the day they Pre, Research Dynamics, and many other popular skis. Plus, they make a great ski!!

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
All conditions covered
A 116mm waist width assists this versatile ski in floating over the crud while remaining stable through out freshly groomed tracks.

:roflmao:

So if 116 isn't too wide to claim it's good for groomers, what is?

TS
Dwight

Dwight

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
I am betting that Elan is making these skis, especially since they tlk about Austrian components. Their factory is on the Austria Slovenia border. Heck, back in the day they Pre, Research Dynamics, and many other popular skis. Plus, they make a great ski!!
That is what I was thinking. 3rd party skis usually say built in Slovenia, but not these.

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Bet they’d make a decent early/late season powder ski. What was the flex like? You able to weigh them at all?

They look kinda like an Armada ARV 116 profile without the semi cap near the tips so they will probably chip easily but at $140 a pair who cares. Lol

Too bad the narrow ones are so ugly as they might be decent too for a rock ski.
Btw-you CAN RIP groomers on a 116mm ski if it has Moment Bibby/Wildcat on the top sheet.

TS
Dwight

Dwight

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Bet they’d make a decent early/late season powder ski. What was the flex like? You able to weigh them at all?

They look kinda like an Armada ARV 116 profile without the semi cap near the tips so they will probably chip easily but at $140 a pair who cares. Lol

Too bad the narrow ones are so ugly as they might be decent too for a rock ski.
Btw-you CAN RIP groomers on a 116mm ski if it has Moment Bibby/Wildcat on the top sheet.

They seemed pretty flexy. The metal in them is just for mounting and doesn't go long enough toward the tail. The last two holes I drilled had no metal.

At that price, would be worth just for fun.

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
They seemed pretty flexy. The metal in them is just for mounting and doesn't go long enough toward the tail. The last two holes I drilled had no metal.

At that price, would be worth just for fun.

The softer flex and short binding mount area makes them sound less attractive even at the cheap price. Getting a decent used ski for a bit more money would be better. I paid under $300 for my “used 3 times” 2018 Bibby’s and got my PB&Js for even less!

Analisa

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Looks like they're made in China, based on an item catalog I have access to. They only made it in a 168, 178, and 184, which is weirdly short for a men's pow ski, and the fact that the binding mount wasn't long is a pretty big red flag from an R&D perspective. Shoddy packaging is also a cited issue.

François Pugh

Skiing the powder
Skier
Great White North (Eastern side currently)
Looks like they're made in China, based on an item catalog I have access to. They only made it in a 168, 178, and 184, which is weirdly short for a men's pow ski, and the fact that the binding mount wasn't long is a pretty big red flag from an R&D perspective. Shoddy packaging is also a cited issue.
Life is too short to waste your ski days on sub-par skis.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Looks more park than powder...with only 5mm of taper. I think these are for skiing switch as much as they are for skiing regular.

James

Out There
Instructor
  • Serious appreciation for the outdoors.
  • Your safety is our top priority.
  • Your comfort is a close second.
Quite the points for a ski design.
Possibly that memo was for the hotel chain?

Sponsor