• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Name Andy's new pup

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
An old German friend told me "Schatzi" is like sweetheart in English and that pup is a sweetheart.

Yes, "Schatzi," is an endearment that derives from "Schatz", ie, "treasure."

Not sure what "pup" would come from. "Puppe" is a doll. There are roughly one million German dialects, one for each town, so maybe that was something local.

I associate Schatzi with a small yappy dog type.

Varmintmist

Bear, with furnture.
Skier
Ash.

When she chews your boots it will be close to what you are calling her.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I think I have known at least a dozen German Shepherds named Schatzi.

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Mothball

John.jpg

Varmintmist

Bear, with furnture.
Skier
Whatever it is, make sure it can be yelled and has a strong part. Dogs dont get long names. Benny is BEN, Elly is EL cookie is cook. Soft sounds work OK if you can boom your voice. I can go all DI and Elly can hear EL. If you have a sing sing voice,stick to hard words like Kiki or Max. Labs are smart, so smart they get dumb. Great dogs, great personality, but you need to be on your game.Get her coming in on three tweets. It works a lot better than calling.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Whatever it is, make sure it can be yelled and has a strong part. Dogs dont get long names. Benny is BEN, Elly is EL cookie is cook. Soft sounds work OK if you can boom your voice. I can go all DI and Elly can hear EL. If you have a sing sing voice,stick to hard words like Kiki or Max. Labs are smart, so smart they get dumb. Great dogs, great personality, but you need to be on your game.Get her coming in on three tweets. It works a lot better than calling.
@Andy Mink's current dog Pepper (black lab) is one of the most intelligent dogs I have ever met, smart as a whip and from what I understand, a great bird too.

Varmintmist

Bear, with furnture.
Skier
@Andy Mink's current dog Pepper (black lab) is one of the most intelligent dogs I have ever met, smart as a whip and from what I understand, a great bird too.
They are extremely intelligent as far as dogs go, but they can use that for much wrong doing. RE Elvira, Mistress of the Bark. My first Blab field style female was a chewer, the Chocolate dude was English and just a turd. A big brown pile. This one is focused, if it isnt on good things, it is on doing evil. She is birdie and I had a pheasant that she retrieved at about 4 months.
Field dog or not, the whistle is a amazing thing.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

Varmintmist

Bear, with furnture.
Skier
I have always wanted to get a female Shiloh Shepard and name her Fifi and have a Pappillon maned Duke.