• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I was doing a simple drill (inside ski tip etching the surface in a turn while the tail is off the snow) on a run that is about half a green and BAM! Tip angered, I spun and went down. The binding released but not until I felt a POP in my left knee. Short story long, slight tear of the left MCL. It appears to be a 1 to 1.5 out of 4 on whatever scale is used. Three weeks to sit in the corner and think about what I've done. Bummer. But at least this is a busy week coming up with the holidays, the snow is dwindling, and I have a lot of honey dos around the house.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I was doing a simple drill (inside ski tip etching the surface in a turn while the tail is off the snow) on a run that is about half a green and BAM! Tip angered, I spun and went down. The binding released but not until I felt a POP in my left knee. Short story long, slight tear of the left MCL. It appears to be a 1 to 1.5 out of 4 on whatever scale is used. Three weeks to sit in the corner and think about what I've done. Bummer. But at least this is a busy week coming up with the holidays, the snow is dwindling, and I have a lot of honey dos around the house.
...and skis to wax.

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor

Well, that was not the intention of the drill & I will accept no liability for what happens when not under direct adult supervision ;).
Hope you heal well & quickly
:beercheer:

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Oh, no! The Mink man gets a time out. Drink deeply and heal quickly!

Plai

Paul Lai
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I was hoping to maybe finally bumping into you at Rose this season. Guess it'll have to happen later in the season.

Heal well.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
You can always go skiing on your other leg.

When I worked in Pa, I had twisted my right knee, and spent the next week in half just skiing on my left ski with my right knee in one of those straight leg braces.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
You can always go skiing on your other leg.

When I worked in Pa, I had twisted my right knee, and spent the next week in half just skiing on my left ski with my right knee in one of those straight leg braces.
Right. Robin Barnes did that one season when she blew out her knee.

TS
Andy Mink

Andy Mink

SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Well, that was not the intention of the drill & I will accept no liability for what happens when not under direct adult supervision ;).
Hope you heal well & quickly
:beercheer:
No liability except me doing it on softer snow that I wasn't anticipating. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Bummer Dude!

You must not have read the introduction that said 'don't hurt yourself doing this stuff'.

Stephen

AKA Steven
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Bummer. Good vibes on the recovery. Rest those legs you’re gonna have some days to make up when you are healthy again. ;)

TS
Andy Mink

Andy Mink

SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Brace it up and go!
:rolleyes::eek:;)
Just kidding. Sorry to hear this. Any PT to be done?
No PT, just a brace. Gotta get a better brace though. That's my search for today. A few weeks off should get it back, then ski with a brace.

Sponsor

Staff online