• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

My flying acrobatic HD camera.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
Finally have quadcopter built up capable of carrying a HD camera.

18893182_10156161387243357_963529182810821939_n.jpg

HD camera sits nicely on top of the First Person View camer^^^, you need two cameras because the Runcam 3 is to laggy to actually fly with.

weather has been tough in Northern Vermont with basically near constant rain and its been hard to ride mountain bikes, and fly quads.

Stats for those interested. AUW(all up weight) with battery and Runcam 3 is 560 grams. It produces 6000 grams of thrust out of of 2206 brushless motors pulling as much as 40 amps per motor at full throttle. I easily have a half mile of first person view video range.

compared to my micro I fly the most that weighs 90 grams AUW this the Armattan Chameleon at 500+ grams is quite a beast and much heavy feeling(duh). This is basically beginner level HD flying, but its still pretty cool. Its a shame Gopro went after Runcam on the Runcam 3 and got them to stop selling it in the USA. The Runcam 3 while lacking some features that makes the Gopro a better action cam, for saying bikes and skis, the run cam is only 99 dollars and has far better color definition and WDR(wide dynamic range) apparently gopro patented the shape of a cube.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Josh. You've really got some killer drone pilot skills now. Not sure if you are aware or not, but this is now growing field of employment. Companies are starting to use drones in so many ways no doubt people with good flying skills will soon be in high demand if not already. If you haven't started exploring this as a career path it might be worth taking a look. Seems like it would be a fun day job in the off season, or year round if you could set the hours around the skiing... or whatever makes you the best income.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Cool stuff Josh. Looks like you've become quite the pilot.

Sponsor

Staff online