• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

My Favorite Photos

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
@Jim Kenney Thanks for always having a camera on you. :beercheer:

53. This is from Hunter Mountain, NY, March 1985. Taken at a low angle by a pro photographer, he gave me more "air" than I deserved, I was only about a foot off the ground. Funny how the bright colored “skittles look” has come full circle:wave:
900x900px-LL-30ce9858_NewPicture14.jpeg
I really like this shot!

TS
Jim Kenney

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Part 7 - Family Action Photos continued...

66. Yours truly on a powder day at Sierra at Tahoe in January 2013. Photo taken by my son. This is a beautiful area called Castle Creek Trees and the scene reminds me of the old nursery rhyme:
Over the river and through the woods,
To grandmother's house we go;
The horse knows the way to carry the sleigh,
Through white and drifted snow!

900x900px-LL-f8ef35aa_50f185052bfd5.jpeg

67. Another one of me. This photo was taken by Fatbob in February 2015 in Siberia Bowl at Vail, CO. I am skiing Bolshoi Ballroom with Gorky Park and Orient Express slopes off to the right.
LL

68. This is the best storm day photo of me in recent years, this is from somewhere in Zip Basin at Loveland, CO in January 2014. Photo was taken by my son.
LL

69. This is my wife Kathy and I at Seven Springs, PA, February 2010. Since then my wife has phased out of downhill skiing, but we do Nordic skiing and snowshoeing together. After many "ski dates" and 36 years of marriage she has been a wonderful enabler of my ski addiction and is planning to accompany me to Whistler in March 2017.
1265581844_pic2.jpg

70. This is my youngest daughter at Arapahoe Basin, CO in March 2015. She has some good ski skills, but doesn’t get out much these days. To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
LL

I may try to post more photos.

TS
Jim Kenney

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Part 8 - Miscellaneous Fun

This is a last crazy assortment of photos. (All photos provided by Jim Kenney.)

71. This was taken at Jackson Hole, WY in Feb 2015 and is one of my rare photos of a steep run that actually looks steep. This was an older guy around age 50 who successfully dropped into Corbet’s Couloir. I did not follow him.:eek:
LL

72.This is CRGildart at Blue Knob, PA, Feb 2010; heading downhill in a cloud of cold smoke.
900x900px-LL-6b95abf4_blueknob20feb10051.jpg

73.Ski Patrol hanging out at the top of the Pallavicini Lift, Arapahoe Basin, CO, April 2009. There are ski patrollers and then there are A-Basin ski patrollers. It takes the right stuff to patrol at a gnarly place like A-Basin!
900x900px-LL-14ec6d9b_1257064539_pic3.jpg

74 This person always seems to ski with a smile on her face; Lady Salina at Timberline, WV, Feb 2014.
LL

75. In February 2015 Beaver Creek enlisted the US Forest Service and all kinds of other staff to help stage the World Ski Championships. On this particular day race events were cancelled because of too much fresh snow. These guys were cut loose to free ski; a tough job, but they persevered with smiling faces.
LL

76. L-R: JohnL, my son, Spikedog at Alta, UT, April 2016. We had just skied a great run in the background – Gunsight.
LL

77. DSloan, Old Boot and Brian at Timberline, WV, Feb 2014. There is going to be a big gathering there in February 2017 too.
LL

78. MariGee at Snowbird, UT, April 2016. This is the Cirque Traverse, from here there is nothing but steeps in every direction.
LL

79. My wife and I taking a snowcat ride high above the slopes of Keystone, CO, March 2015. We are at about 13,000 at this point. That was a fancy touring cat and at those heights the view from inside was like looking out the window of a jet airliner.
LL

80. Going out on a sour note. I need a drink just looking at this photo. It’s from the Snowy Luau Weekend at Timberline, WV, March 2013.
LL

The End. Hope you all make some great memories this season!

Last edited:
TS
Jim Kenney

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Part 9 - Best of 2017

81. You heard of Babe Ruth calling his own shot? This is JohnL (in blue) calling his own line on Great Scott at Snowbird, UT, April 2017.
LL

82. Philpug in 7th Heaven at Whistler-Blackcomb, early March 2017:
LL

83. VinceK during a week at Snowbird, UT in late January 2017 when the area received 81" of snow:
LL

84. Mr and Mrs SkiMangoJazz in front of Lover's Leap in the Blue Sky Basin section of Vail, CO, early March 2017:
LL

85. TonyS somewhere in the trees below the Symphony Express Chair at Whistler-Blackcomb in early March, 2017:
LL

86. Ron on the same day in the same area of Whistler-Blackcomb. This guy was one hard charging "mature" skier.
LL

87. VinceK in Blackcomb Glacier, early March 2017:
LL

88. Possibly two of my most enjoyable days of the year were on consecutive days at Beaver Creek on the last day of February and first day of March. It snowed about 14 fluffy inches on the 28th and the sun came out on the 1st. Pumped on top of Grouse Mountain:
LL

89. VinceK on High Rustler at Alta, early April 2017:
LL

90. My favorite shot of the winter, Spikedog up close and personal on North Chute at Snowbird, April Fools Day, 2017:
LL

Last edited:

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid