• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Must have ski related items

Pat AKA mustski

It’s no Secret! It’s a Ranger!
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Extra gloves, extra goggles, extra socks are my MUST haves. I also really love my heated boot bag which I just got and it's awesome, but I don't plan to fly with it. I don't think it will fit in the overhead compartment. I have never needed a boot dryer but I have a travel set that I use to heat my boots in the morning when I travel and will continue doing so. I always have hand warmers in case I need them. I also keep powder ribbons in my boot bag. I lost a ski once and never again want to waste a powder day looking for my ski.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
What are some of your "must have" skiing related items beyond the obvious (skis, boots, clothing, etc) that make things easier? More fun? I use boot dryers every time I get home. They travel with me. They dry the boots overnight. Boot bags changed the way I think about getting to the hill. I never had one until two years ago. They make finding your gear SO much easier when you know it's in the bag!
View attachment 86306

I need a bigger garage! :roflmao:

It is ski related, need a space to put everything

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Ok, that might, I emphasize might, change my mind about booting up at the car.

We used one of those when we skied Mammoth. Wasn't much of a choice. Works really well.
I still much preferred the warm interior of a lodge in the winter.

James

Out There
Instructor
[camp stool]
Ok, that might, I emphasize might, change my mind about booting up at the car.
No.
Does it come with a heater, a wind break, a blowing snow shield, and a breakfast burrito?

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
I've been reading through this thread for the past few days and kept trying to think of something that is "must have" for my ski day that isn't part of the typical equipment setup. I think I finally thought of something that quite literally makes (or breaks) my ski day; my Bluetooth receiver that provides the link between my helmet audio and my phone.

When my Bluetooth receiver dies, I lose my tunes and the ability to take/make phone calls. That usually means my ski day is definitely shortened. So for me, it is absolutely a "must have". :)

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Not a seat because I sit on the tailgate, however, I keep a small rug I can out down on the snow, ice, muck, etc. this way I can put a bootless foot or feet down. I keep it in my car year round for changing in and out of my mountain biking shoes as well .

David

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
Skier
A collapsible camping stool. I chuck this baby in the back of the car and keep it there all season. Amazing how useful it is for those times when you have to boot up in the parking lot.
View attachment 86341
This is brilliant! I may have to pick one up someplace!

Kneale Brownson

Making fresh tracks forever on the other side
Instructor
I've been reading through this thread for the past few days and kept trying to think of something that is "must have" for my ski day that isn't part of the typical equipment setup. I think I finally thought of something that quite literally makes (or breaks) my ski day; my Bluetooth receiver that provides the link between my helmet audio and my phone.

When my Bluetooth receiver dies, I lose my tunes and the ability to take/make phone calls. That usually means my ski day is definitely shortened. So for me, it is absolutely a "must have". :)
Connection to "the world" is the very last thing I'm interested in while skiing. Skiing is my escape from the world.

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
Connection to "the world" is the very last thing I'm interested in while skiing. Skiing is my escape from the world.

Staying "connected" to the world is what allows me to get as many ski days in as I do each season. Since I'm not retired and still have kids at home, I don't have the luxury of going AWOL without a "tether". ;)

David

Skier
Staying "connected" to the world is what allows me to get as many ski days in as I do each season. Since I'm not retired and still have kids at home, I don't have the luxury of going AWOL without a "tether". ;)
I have to have my phone with me as I'm on call 24/7 but there's no way I'm using helmet audio or earbuds. I want to be able to hear the people around me and converse with them. People tell me all the time they can hear just fine. But if I say anything I always get the huh? what? response from them.

James

Out There
Instructor
Must have item for the Northeast is a pair of goggles with low light lens. At some point you'll need it. Dark lenses are truly rarely needed.

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
I have to have my phone with me as I'm on call 24/7 but there's no way I'm using helmet audio or earbuds. I want to be able to hear the people around me and converse with them. People tell me all the time they can hear just fine. But if I say anything I always get the huh? what? response from them.

This topic has been done to death over the years. I'm not biting... ;)

TS
Andy Mink

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
This topic has been done to death over the years. I'm not biting... ;)
Biting? Heck, you can't even reach for your phone right now!:ogbiggrin:

David

Skier
My bad...
No phone or earbud talk!
What's your have to have item with you?

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
SNOW!

Nobody is open around here yet.

20171208_103847.jpg

Unmarkedobstacles

Back to being the UnofficialAlpine.com guy
Industry Insider
My favorite accessory is a seasonal locker at the mountain so I can just put on ski clothes, get in the car and go most days. I have backup boots/skis/poles/helmet/goggles/gloves at home in case I want to go to another mountain.

Sponsor