• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

James

Out There
Instructor
Not FULLY developed but, yes, you are correct it occurs anywhere from 25 -30 years but research shows that it is slowed down by alcohol use.
Meaning the development is slowed down in years or when drinking, at the time it's response/activity is slowed down?

Nancy Hummel

Ski more, talk less.
Instructor
SkiTalk Supporter
I heard that Breck severely curtailed the end of season pond skim along with canceling the band and closing the T-bar (real bar not the surface lift) early. I have no idea if that was in response to the Copper incident. Does anyone know?

Pat AKA mustski

It’s no Secret! It’s a Ranger!
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Meaning the development is slowed down in years or when drinking, at the time it's response/activity is slowed down?
Actually both. Early and EXCESSIVE drinking slows down the development of the frontal lobe but, drinking to excess also inhibits it's ability to "predict" natural consequences of our actions. Most of us have been there and can testify to the truth of this issue. To clarify, normal party drinking in the 20's will probably not slow down the natural development of the brain. However, regular excessive alcohol (or drug) use definitely does. Throughout our lives, regardless of our age, drinking to excess prevents the frontal lobe from operating as it should.

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
“While it remains unclear whether or not Wright tried to jump the crowd on purpose — witnesses after the incident said Wright announced his intentions while holding a drink earlier that morning, though a woman, described as his girlfriend in court documents, said he was joking and launched into the crowd on accident — his behavior was reckless enough to spur charges from the District Attorney’s Office.”

So, someone acting like an idiot, whether or not he typically behaves thoughtfully and responsibly. Love the person, hate the behavior is a phrase I use in my counseling practice.

“In addition to upwards of $1,000 in court fees, Wright’s judgment also includes 120 hours of useful public service, 10 days in jail by the end of the year and prohibitions from alcohol and non-prescribed drugs. His deferred judgment and sentence will end in August 2020, though only the first year will be supervised.”

Seems like an appropriate judgement.

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
Love the person, hate the behavior

^^^This got me thinking about how i feel about a number of movie stars and rock stars: Love their talent, hate their politics.