• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
So this guy had a minor get-off.. :D
lance-armstrong.jpg

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
It wasn't bad but some loser's 120 pound lab mix decided my leg looked tasty. I gave the guy a bunch of sh*t about letting his coockoo dog loose where families walk and bike.

leg.jpg

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
TS
Tony S

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
@Wending broke a rib in a crash at Kingdom Trails. Flying is easy; landing is hard. She's hurting now.

14663.jpeg

Reactions: Ron

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
Yep, thats a break alright :). hope she's feeling OK, no laughing, no sneezing. hope she heals up quickly.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Just when I was considering looking into mtb riding. This thread'll make ya rethink! I prefer to hurt myself while skiing. Damaged plantaris. Still may ride but exercise can be dangerous!
20180326_083009.jpg
20180327_084252.jpg

Lauren

AKA elemmac
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I’ll be doing a trip report on Fruita CO, and the Women’s Dirt Series that I attended when I have a bit more time but for now...

When you push your limits, sometimes your limits push back a lot harder. Leaving Fruita swollen and bruised, and in the market for some knee pads :rolleyes:

09A6172D-EF35-4C94-ADCC-B8C330D439AF.jpeg
088AC929-5E52-4018-A11A-EFD72A65BD01.jpeg

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
I’ll be doing a trip report on Fruita CO, and the Women’s Dirt Series that I attended when I have a bit more time but for now...

When you push your limits, sometimes your limits push back a lot harder. Leaving Fruita swollen and bruised, and in the market for some knee pads :rolleyes:

View attachment 54322 View attachment 54321

<3 the Dirt Series. I always improve so much!

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier

G-FORM you mean :)

They are baller. Especially because they're so small that you can shove them in a regular pack without much trouble. Great for scratch protection etc.

HOWEVER for bruises, and especially sessioning rather than trail riding, I would advocate knee pads with hard plastic instead of G-Form.

G-Form has the stuff that is soft until impact - but I've had that stuff in motorcycle gear, and you'll still bruise the crap out of yourself if you land on it.

Reactions: Ron

Lauren

AKA elemmac
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I was able to try on some Troy Lee pads the other day that I’m debating on getting, or I’ve been hearing fantastic reviews of some Race Face ones, which are extremely similar to the TLD ones. I’ve heard good things on the GForm ones, just need to find them to try them on.

Good to know about the lack of bruise protection, but if they’re the most comfortable, then they’ll defiantly be better than nothing.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
  • Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
  • dbostedo
    Asst. Gathermeister