• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Okay, let's see 'em ... As they happen. Real life, real Pugs.

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
IMG-20170624-WA0000.jpeg

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
This was while demoing the Mojo. I originally thought it was all trickle, but no - I have a nice long gash that looks like it's going to scar. Now I'll never be a model!

20170612_092326.jpg

graham418

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
20170729_132435_HDR_resized.jpg
20170729_132410_HDR_resized-1.jpg

my baby finger , injured 12 days ago. Sailing, not biking though. Just stopped bleeding on thursday. Happened in the first of 3 races for the day, so you know theres no chance of coming off the water for stitches!!

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier

scott43

Skier
Blunt Hook. Ripped the pad almost off. Still hurts like a ****. There are a lot of nerve endings in a fingertip!!
True! I put a fish hook through my finger (don't ask..) and couldn't get it back out. Easy to say back it out but it was barbed and entangled in a nerve! It was much less painful to simply saw the flesh away and pull it out. If I'd had wire cutters I'd probably have cut the barb off and backed it out..but.. Sawing it was!! :D

TS
Tony S

Tony S

Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Just keep pushing til the barb's out. Then cut the hook and back it out. Piece of cake. Not

squill

Getting on the lift
Skier
#laterpug

Distal metacarpal fracture/dislocation (self-set/self evac, blood cleaned in this pic) on the 3rd of May after lowsiding in the drops around a gravel corner. No surgery!
20170503_203324.jpg

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Just keep pushing til the barb's out. Then cut the hook and back it out. Piece of cake. Not

Had that happen with a super tiny fully barbed worm hook, My 5 year old daughter hooked my upper arm back side, hard to reach with my other hand. I wasn't able to get enough of it to pull it on through out at the river so we just kept fishing and stopped by urgent care on the way home. Urgent care took a while to dig it out.

Anyway, stuff like that is why I tell my kids to always wear sun glasses when fishing around other people.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Anyway, stuff like that is why I tell my kids to always wear sun glasses when fishing around other people.

Sounds like you should tell the people around your kids to wear protective gear ;-)

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Sounds like you should tell the people around your kids to wear protective gear ;-)

That was nearly ten years ago. They are both solid casters now. But ya, whenever a 5 year old is trying to learn to fish it's a good idea to find a spot that's not crowded with other anglers. I took one for the team hahaha..

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
I don't know how I missed this thread. It's right up my alley this summer.

My first major wreck wasn't really a wreck. I just 'winged' a tree snagging a broken branch.

20170629_203134-jpg.26213

Later on:

20170630_091303_Silverthorne Lane.jpg

Once I got that all healed up...

...the next wreck was real and quite severe but much less bloody, none at all really.

The LZ:

20170806_181304_Forest Hills Drive.jpg

The laundry list:
  • 3 broken ribs
  • broken clavicle
  • partially collapsed lung
  • severe concussion
FB_IMG_1501903671379.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Ron

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
No photo, but I ran my lip into a tree branch last weekend. Barely a visible scratch when I got out of it, but for a while during the ride, I was sporting a visibly fat lip.

Totally comparable to @Doug Briggs 's injury report ;-)

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Slow motion tip over today ... fortunately the blood didn't soak through, only speckled the inside of the pants.

20171019_130535.jpg

scott43

Skier
I have to say..my injuries seem to be more of the internal kind these days! Getting old sux.. Hit somebody in hockey and my bicep tendon is now sore. What the hell man?!?! :(

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
I have to say..my injuries seem to be more of the internal kind these days! Getting old sux.. Hit somebody in hockey and my bicep tendon is now sore. What the hell man?!?! :(

"You shoulda seen the other guy!"

TS
Tony S

Tony S

Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Slow motion tip over today ... fortunately the blood didn't soak through, only speckled the inside of the pants.

View attachment 31734

Forget the injury; let's talk about the insult. How can you be riding in shorts and ALSO skiing? That's just not fair. We are freezing in the dark on our bikes and still two months away from proper skiing. WTF?

Sponsor

Staff online