• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Pacific NW/AK/BC Mt Hood Meadows announces 2020/21 operational plans

pchewn

Skiing the powder
Skier
https://www.skihood.com/en/covid19-update

Key points

• No day ticket packages (3, 5-day, etc...)
  • No walk-up day tickets
  • Season passes guarantee a reservation
  • Season pass sales will be limited (Nov 8 to renew last season's pass -- with discount)
  • Masks
  • Metered Lodge access
  • Improved Lodge filtration and airflow
  • A new Lodge added
  • Drop off your car-load of people and then park in remote lots -- shuttles will take fewer people now.
  • Porta-potties spread out so Lodge not necessary
  • "Your car is your personal lodge"

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
^^^So, reservations for everyone... one advance day ticket reservation at a time, passholders get priority over advanced day ticket seekers.

What about the clubs and teams? :huh:

TS
pchewn

pchewn

Skiing the powder
Skier
^^^So, reservations for everyone... one advance day ticket reservation at a time, passholders get priority over advanced day ticket seekers.

What about the clubs and teams? :huh:

I don't know about clubs and teams, but they would likely be renewing season passes ???
Season pass IS YOUR RESERVATION. (no need to enter the lottery or 1st come 1st served for limited day tickets)

TS
pchewn

pchewn

Skiing the powder
Skier
Meadows has, for the last couple of years, done online "Value Pricing". You buy your day ticket online and it loads onto your RFID ticket. The price varies by the day.

So the online ticket sales system will "just" be modified to not only jack up the price on those peak days, but also limit the number available. That's the reservation system as I understand it. A person could pre-purchase as many day tickets as desired (and available) in advance. They do not seem to be limiting your ticket purchases to just one day.

TS
pchewn

pchewn

Skiing the powder
Skier
There's a video presentation by Mt Hood Meadows showing the capacity, historical visits, plans for this season. I found it pretty informative.

https://www.skihood.com/en/about-us...UCu6IDTo0Tf89sUcGJ-BtSBVJ8DSY8BW1y5zWvpIx4YCI

Key Points:
  • Shift peak visits to mid-week visits.
    • By offering "value pass" midweek unlimited
  • Shift peak visits to afternoon/evening visits.
    • By offering time-specific tickets
    • By offering dynamic pricing (cost more to ski peak)
    • By limiting ticket volume (tickets run out, you can't ski that day/time)
    • "Value Pass" is good after 2pm even on peak days
I just found the video to be very well done.

Sponsor