• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Pacific NW/AK/BC Mt Hood in June

Nathanvg

Out on the slopes
Skier
I am likely to be in the region in early June (for work, schedule unchangeable). Anyone know what to expect that time of year?

• What's open: Is timberline open daily? Is only palmer open? Do ski teams take up all but one run?
  • Conditions: Is rain likely? I assume a full day freeze is unlikely? Do they groom at least one just in case of hard freeze?
  • Other?
Thanks for the insights.

Tico

Putting on skis
Skier
They're open daily, likely just Palmer amd the mile but some years pucci. Ski teams and camps take up a lot, but there's generally a few runs and the public terrain park available. They'll groom everything and salt if necessary nightly.

I worked on Hood for close to a decade, and early June could bring multiple meters of snow or 80F.

The best terrain requires hiking or skinning.

Bill Miles

Old Man Groomer Zoomer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Last year in early June it was Palmer, Magic Mile and Storming Norman where the parks were. Race camps were not going yet. They groomed but it didn't last long (don't think they salted).. Lift tickets were $76.

TS
Nathanvg

Nathanvg

Out on the slopes
Skier
Thanks Guys. Anyone know what their hours likely will be in June? I may try to ski and then fly home same day.

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I might get down to Timberline for my birthday, June 13th. Tried last year and they were closed that day due to freezing rain.

Or may be I should fly to Mammoth......anyone know if the MCP is good in the summer at Mammoth?

Sponsor

Staff online