• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Moxie Benefit Ski Collection Liquidation Auction

Lowell Watson

Making skis sharp and slippery
Skier
Hello all Skiers and Collectors!

Moxie, my 8 year old German Shorthaired Pointer, had emergency surgery on New Years eve to repair a torn ligament in his spine along with a hemilaminectomy on his T12-T13 disks and removal of chronic herniations on 5 other disks. This came on very suddenly and my 90mph dog went to barely walking in 24 hours. Luckily we were able to get him the right care quick enough that he is expected to make a full recovery in 8-10 weeks. We finally were able to bring Moxie home from the Angell Memorial Hospital in Boston tonight and he was wagging his tail as he entered the house and found his bed and a place to lay out and relax.

The road to recovery will be long, but we are just so thankful that the problem was something that could be repaired and that his rabbit and squirrel hunting lifestyle will only be on hiatus for 2 months. However, the cost was just north of $6200, COD. So to pay back all those who were so generous in helping me to get the money we needed to save Moxie, I have decided to sell off my collection, memorabilia, and ski gear to help cover the cost.

Here is the plan: 7 day silent auction of everything in the body of this thread and on the attached PDF spreadsheet. PM me your bid and what it is you want, and next Monday, January 10, 2016 I will notify the highest bidder and organize the shipping. I am doing this here and on Epicski.com to reach the most viewers and because I would rather not see it lost on ebay or CL. I also chose the auction format because, other than a few items of real value, the retro stuff is only worth what it is worth to you. (freight too)

What do I have: TREASURES OFCOURSE!! Those who know me have seen the multitude of posts of retro and vintage gear that I have amassed over the past decade or so. I have found, trash picked, bought, traded and stalked most of these items, many of which have come from the great members of Epicski.com and Pugski.com. Also listed is some vintage clothing, binding jigs, and even my current daily drivers. The Excel sheet is the entire collection, but listed below is the cream of the crop and is more accurately described. If you have questions about anything, just ask and I will promptly respond. I have posted pictures of most of this stuff, so look at the pictures on my profile both here and at Epic.

A final request: I am happy to do anything for Moxie and this is the closest to a rainy day fund I have. I hope to one day resume my hunt for the retro gear, and in that vein, I would like to request right of first refusal on a few items if you ever decide to sell or trade your purchase. This is a passion of mine, it is just on hold for a while. (and the Spalding buyers, call it a low interest loan. You will be my first calls when I am up and running again.)

As I wrap it up, Moxie is doing his best to get up and let me know that it is time to go out and pee one more time before bed.
I will be posting glamour shots of Moxie as well as photos on the road to recovery.

Thank you all for your friendship and support.
IMG_0986.JPG

Undrilled and NOS
Fischer Superglass RSL 210 red/white (thanks @cantunamunch)
Fischer RC4 Vacuum RS 200 "McClaren" supercars? white/red
Spalding Alfa 120 180cm
Hart F17 1997 model 195
Hart Javelin Ti REPRO 198
Head Radial Electra Twaron 200
Diawa GLM 1500 kids 130

Downhill and Super G
Volkl Renn Tiger 1975 DH 220 (nearly new)
Fischer ALU 223 DH
Fischer RC4 DH R40 212
Blizzard Thermo DH 223 white/pink
Spalding Squadra Corse SG 212
Rossignol Strato 215cm
Blizzard Olympic Firebird DH 215 Silver/red (thanks @Royal)
DH SG.jpg

The Best Stuff I have put a lot of work into the following group of skis. All base and epoxy work if needed, Stone grind with double diagonal structure, sharpen, de-tune, hot wax and brush. These are all mounted to a 323mm boot. The tunes are worth more than the skis :eek:
Olin MK V 200
Olin Extreme Comp 200
Fischer Imperator 205
Dynastar Omeglass 200 (thanks @bob in carmel)
Spalding Starboard 210
Dynastar S430 210
Dynastar Course GS 207
Dynastar Vertical 200
Dynastar Course SL 200
Kastle CPM Grand Prix 205 NOS Mounted by me
K2 Three 204 no yellowing
Lange LC 204
Fresh Grinds 1.jpg
Volkl P40 FI 183
Fischer RC4 RSL 200
HExcel Sundance 203
HExcel Competition 200
HExcel Splittail 200
Fischer C4 cut 66 200
Rosignol Strato 102 200
Kastle Ice 195
Rossignol ST 650 200
Fresh grinds 2.jpg
Bomber Stealth 176 (my daily drivers...Awesome)
Atomic Super RS Bionic 215
Dynamic VR17 SL 207
Lange Banshee 207 (The only retro ski I have tried out of all the fresh grind skis) AWESOME
Dynastar Course GS 200
THE TSR 200
Dynamic VR27 Geant 207
Fresh grinds 3.jpg

JIGS
Jigs.jpg

Kastle K2.jpg

One of the Piles
Pile 1.jpg

The above mentioned and the rest is on the following attached PDF

****I tried to limit the Errors, but there is a chance that I have made 1 or 2, so ask questions***

Attachments

• L3 Iphone 9-21-11 076.JPG
    L3 Iphone 9-21-11 076.JPG
    111.3 KB · Views: 11
  • Ski List 1-2-16PDF.pdf
    284.8 KB · Views: 42

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I have no need for any of the gear but would like to make a small donation to Moxie in honor of my Milo who I lost after almost 18 years in March. Dog or cat, they are precious to our hearts. Would you share a paypal address?

TS
Lowell Watson

Lowell Watson

Skier
Alpine sweaters. I am 6'0" 180lbs. The first 2 are true vintage. My dad bought them from a fellow ski bum in Vail in 1969 for $30. The guy needed gas $ to head back east! They are heavier than a Dale and the itchy wool, but awesome on a spring day. The third is the Dale from the 2002 SLC Olympics. 1/4zip and seal at bottom of zipper. Better pics on request.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
I'm with Ms. Ski Girl. I would also like to make a small donation. I've been there - well, not quite there, but I spent $3k on my cat Oscar, RIP, in one week. But I didn't see it as a choice, and I'm sure you didn't, either, when your pup needed surgery.

My pups Loki and Cooper are rooting for Moxie. Okay, no, they are curled up on their dog beds and don't have a clue how good they have it, but if they knew about Moxie and thought beyond their stomachs, I'm sure they'd be rooting for Moxie.

TS
Lowell Watson

Lowell Watson

Skier
Thanks for the well wishes. Moxie decided to get up at 5:00am today for a walk. Best early wake up ever! He is also starting to get his perkiness back

I'm adding to the list an item for sale:
2016 Salomon XMax 130 28.5 NEW BOOTS. First pair of new boots in 20 years, got for 55% off on the shop hookup page for $382.50. MSRP IS $850. If interested go try some on at your local shop. They are top of the line with cokable shells and liners. Yellow

Katie

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
My Simon and I ( Simon is my 2 yr old German Shorthair Pointer ) would like to donate. Although I love all your vintage gear, I haven't anywhere to store any of it at this time. But I support downhill skiing and GSPs!!! Let me know if there is a GoFund me acct or Paypal or something!!! Best Wishes!!!!!! Katie

TS
Lowell Watson

Lowell Watson

Skier
Thank you all for the outpouring of support for Moxie. Today he seemed to turn a corner, he was more energetic on out little walks, nearly tugging on the leash. His gait has shown a little improvement, but the return of his cheerful attitude means the world to us.

Being riddled with ADD, I may have been a little forgetful and sketchy when it came to the details. So I will answer all questions and make additions and clarifications if necessary. My ski "fun money" account, now the Moxie account is my email: [email protected]

Again, thank you all for the support and well wishes for Moxie. PLEASE do bid on the stuff in the auction. I want people to get some good stuff, and Moxie said it was cool as long as he can continue to co-pilot on future ski hunts when I resume collecting (insert dog head slobbering out truck window emoji)

Another addition: I made about 35 ski coat racks and forgot them in Maine last year. Don't worry, they were all too far gone I'm too many ways. But they are all cool Retro skis and come in a variety of lengths. There are a couple full lengths, but mostly are halves or sections. I will post pictures tomorrow. They all have wood pegs and are derusted and detuned. Some I got real crafty and used an old Look toe on one end as a hook. My son and I had a fun time making them. At least he liked the hammering parts. I think they are worth maybe $15-20? Those are first come first serve as PM's come in, just identify which one you want, or a length you want.

The tail is wagging again, so it might be time for a little walk. BRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!
:beercheer:
Lowell and Moxie

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Oh, man I hope to snag a coat rack but I'm in meetings all day tomorrow with my new boss.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Lowell, I had someone reach out to me on Facebook after seeing Pugski.com's post about this over there.
She would like to donate separately, but has no space for any type of gear.
Shall I tell her to use your email address for a PP donation?
[email protected]

cegerer

CJE911
Skier
Lowell, do you have any bindings separately? Specifically, Marker M4, M4-15, M30, Rotamat FD, SSR, etc. and/or other 70s/early 80s racing bindings?

TS
Lowell Watson

Lowell Watson

Skier
Lowell, do you have any bindings separately? Specifically, Marker M4, M4-15, M30, Rotamat FD, SSR, etc. and/or other 70s/early 80s racing bindings?

I have all of that but the FDR's kicking around among others. I will try to get a list going tonight. Stand by...

TS
Lowell Watson

Lowell Watson

Skier
image.jpeg
I would say this is the first sign of things returning to normal...10 minutes ago he lumbered up onto the couch and resumed the position on Bridget's lap. He will probably need help down (since the doc said no stairs for a week) but his mood and ambition is admirable.

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
REMINDER!!! Get you auction bids in before the end of the day tomorrow, SUNDAY January 10

Some great gear and an awesome cause. It's all for you Moxie! :)

Sponsor

Staff online