• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Colorado Moving to Granby Ranch, Colorado.....

Mattadvproject

Love that powder!
Industry Insider
G'day Pugs,
Anyone on here live in the Granby area of Colorado? My wife and I just bought a place and will be moving from Denver in early April, full-time. We've visited the area several times and love what it has to offer (way of life, scenery, skiing, backcountry, fishing, mountain biking, hiking, all that good stuff). Any other Pugs live close-by? What do you think of the area?

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
G'day Pugs,
Anyone on here live in the Granby area of Colorado? My wife and I just bought a place and will be moving from Denver in early April, full-time. We've visited the area several times and love what it has to offer (way of life, scenery, skiing, backcountry, fishing, mountain biking, hiking, all that good stuff). Any other Pugs live close-by? What do you think of the area?

If you have any interest in groomed xc, two of the best networks in the country are on your doorstep.

TS
Mattadvproject

Mattadvproject

Love that powder!
Industry Insider
If you have any interest in groomed xc, two of the best networks in the country are on your doorstep.

Thanks Tony! Yes, we do like a bit of cross-country to keep the fitness up and to mix it up a little. We tried the free trails on the golf course at Granby Ranch and they were nice. I know of a few more trails close-by, which trails are you talking about? Keen to try more. We should be moving in on the 10th April. Will any of the cross country trails still be open and groomed that late into the season?

- Matt

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Snow mountain ranch and Devil's Thumb. Plus nearly every development around has trails, like Rendezvous in Fraser. One cousin lives in Granby town and the others share a mountain house in Fraser, so we go there often. You will enjoy the area. The hiking is amazing. Don't miss Grand Lake in the summer (and snowshoe trails in winter there too) and RMNP is nearby too. So much to do. Snowmobiling in the area is also great. Lots of trails.

TS
Mattadvproject

Mattadvproject

Love that powder!
Industry Insider
Snow mountain ranch and Devil's Thumb. Plus nearly every development around has trails, like Rendezvous in Fraser. One cousin lives in Granby town and the others share a mountain house in Fraser, so we go there often. You will enjoy the area. The hiking is amazing. Don't miss Grand Lake in the summer (and snowshoe trails in winter there too) and RMNP is nearby too. So much to do. Snowmobiling in the area is also great. Lots of trails.

Great feedback, thanks Jerez! We checked out Devil's Thumb Ranch in the summertime and that's a beautiful area. Seen their video's on YouTube of the XC skiing, looks nice. Haven't seen too much of Grand Lake (other than when we were looking at houses in the area) but we did go and check out Granby Lake last time we were in the area and that was beautiful. We saw several hiking trails there. Will definitely be buying a park's pass for RMNP (I love to fish and the wifey loves to hike). Can't wait!

TS
Mattadvproject

Mattadvproject

Love that powder!
Industry Insider
Has anyone done much backcountry skiing in the Granby area (other than Berthoud Pass)? Definitely keen to head out and earn my turns if anyone has any interest. We'll have sleds too, but I have to get up to speed with backcountry sled riding as I've only done a little bit before....

- Matt

Magi

Instructor
Instructor
Has anyone done much backcountry skiing in the Granby area (other than Berthoud Pass)? Definitely keen to head out and earn my turns if anyone has any interest. We'll have sleds too, but I have to get up to speed with backcountry sled riding as I've only done a little bit before....

- Matt

Matt - Welcome to the Valley!

Let me know when you're coming up and I'd be happy to show you around the Fraser/WP area and plug you into the network I've built in the last 4 years.

TS
Mattadvproject

Mattadvproject

Love that powder!
Industry Insider
Matt - Welcome to the Valley!

Let me know when you're coming up and I'd be happy to show you around the Fraser/WP area and plug you into the network I've built in the last 4 years.

Awesome, thanks Magi. You teach at Winter Park? I was thinking about doing some minimal part-time teaching there (still open to it but my schedule in winter is really tight), but either way, would love to connect and meet some people. Thanks for the offer, we move up on April 10th. Cheers Magi!

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Thanks Tony! Yes, we do like a bit of cross-country to keep the fitness up and to mix it up a little. We tried the free trails on the golf course at Granby Ranch and they were nice. I know of a few more trails close-by, which trails are you talking about?

What @Jerez said - Snow Mountain and Devil's Thumb.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January