• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Mounting Tyrolia Attack 13 Heel Piece

Juice

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
So, a pair of skis that I bought came in today with the heel piece off of the track to save space for shipping. I can't seem to slide the heel piece back onto the track. Besides lifting up the metal tab in back, is there anything I need to do to get them to slide on? I don't think the metal tab is what's stopping the binding from moving forward because it doesn't look like it is contacting anything. Any help is appreciated.

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
So, a pair of skis that I bought came in today with the heel piece off of the track to save space for shipping. I can't seem to slide the heel piece back onto the track. Besides lifting up the metal tab in back, is there anything I need to do to get them to slide on? I don't think the metal tab is what's stopping the binding from moving forward because it doesn't look like it is contacting anything. Any help is appreciated.

If the track is still on the ski and screwed down, you do have to lift up the the tab and it should stay up when pushed all the way up. Then slide it on and then push the tab back down when the heel piece of the binding hits the back of the boot when the boot is in the toe piece. Check forward pressure tab, adjust toe height and then the DIN for your weight/height/ability etc.

TS
J

Juice

Skier
How hard do I have to pull up on the tab to get it stay in the up position? Should it take a substantial amount of force? I feel like it won't go up any further.

EricG

Lost somewhere!
Skier
How hard do I have to pull up on the tab to get it stay in the up position? Should it take a substantial amount of force? I feel like it won't go up any further.

Try to push the heel peice firmly fore-aft then take your flathead screwdriver to pop up the tab. It should pop up with a good wrist turn. It shouldn’t take superman strength.

TS
J

Juice

Skier
Alright that worked! I just need to adjust the forward pressure now. Thanks for the help.

Sponsor

Staff online