• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Vcize

Getting on the lift
Skier
The “pass” is definitely contributory, but there are many factors at play. Social media marketing, better access via increased flights and origins, built out accommodations at village, more dining options, and perhaps most important - more terrain for intermediates (think all that stuff around Casper). Marketing is geared to Momma bear, momma bear likes these things. <- sorry, that is a broad generalization and doesn’t reflect views of all “momma bears”, but still true.

I think this plays a big part. I was just in JH a few weeks ago and you couldn't walk 10 feet without some sign or piece of literature blasting at you "JACKSON HOLE HAS GREAT INTERMEDIATE TERRAIN NOW, NOT JUST AN EXPERT MOUNTAIN!!!!".

From skiing around and overhearing people chat it definitely sounded like a large part of those crowds (the weekend after MLK weekend, very busy) was exactly that demographic.

TS
S

sbooker

Getting on the lift
Skier
Now on sale.
Now $449. Kids are $99. Still get the bonus day.
https://mountaincollective.com/
Massive bonus for us Aussies and our Kiwi brothers is the $449 is in local currency which saves us a bucket load of cash.

TS
S

sbooker

Getting on the lift
Skier
Where are you seeing that? When I select NZD on the purchase page I get NZD $675.60.

Sorry I didn't actually see it but my wife just bought the passes and it said it somewhere there. I'm sure she said NZ was $449 NZ peso.
I know we only paid $449 Aussie because I can see that has come out of my bank account.
I'm thinking it may be when you login if you already have a MC account?

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter

Wasatchman

over the hill
Skier
Where are you seeing that? When I select NZD on the purchase page I get NZD $675.60.
I wonder if you have to be in New Zealand? Someone with a VPN might be able to check it out. Otherwise, I will look for people when we get back to New Zealand in late April.

PhillyGuy

Booting up
Skier
Interesting find...
I wonder if they got the currency conversion incorrect? Since it says it's supposed to be equivalent to $449 USD

Available for Australian/New Zealand Residents Only – An Australian or New Zealand address is required with valid ID upon pass pick-up.

Valid for new purchases only – cannot be combined with any other offer.
Price is converted to be at par with $449 USD, actual AUD/NZD price may vary slightly based on current exchange at time of purchase.