• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
TS
P

PhillyGuy

Booting up
Skier
90% sure I'll be the buying this pass for next year. Sounds like it's not too popular here, but honestly, the pass looks like somebody designed it around my trip plans.

Most likely, my ski season next year will be:

4 days at Big Sky
2 days at Jackson Hole & 1 day at Grand Targhee OR 3 days at Aspen
One quick weekend trip to ski 2 to 2.5 days at Alta, Snowbird, or Snowbasin.

With the announced pass, I'll be getting somewhere between $850 to $1,100+ of lift tickets for a $459 pass. ($409 pass with third free day at BS and a 4th day purchased at 50% off.) Pretty awesome deal IMO.

I've had MC for 3 years and I prefer MC resorts over Epic. I definitely got great value out of the pass and skied at places that I otherwise would not have visited if it weren't for the pass.

I think it works in your case because your trips are mostly 2 days. And I've always structured my trips to be 2-4 days in a single destination because of the MC design.

50% off additional days do add up so for people who can do longer trips or get more days out of a single place, the Ikon may be better.

Last edited:

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
90% sure I'll be the buying this pass for next year. Sounds like it's not too popular here, but honestly, the pass looks like somebody designed it around my trip plans.

Most likely, my ski season next year will be:

4 days at Big Sky
2 days at Jackson Hole & 1 day at Grand Targhee OR 3 days at Aspen
One quick weekend trip to ski 2 to 2.5 days at Alta, Snowbird, or Snowbasin.

With the announced pass, I'll be getting somewhere between $850 to $1,100+ of lift tickets for a $459 pass. ($409 pass with third free day at BS and a 4th day purchased at 50% off.) Pretty awesome deal IMO.

I've had MC for 3 years and I prefer MC resorts over Epic. I definitely got great value out of the pass and skied at places that I otherwise would not have visited if it weren't for the pass.

I think it works in your case because your trips are mostly 2 days. And I've always structured my trips to be 2-4 days in a single destination because of the MC design.

50% off additional days do add up so for people who can do longer trips or get more days out of a single place, the Ikon may be better.

That is the beautiy of the MNC and the two Ikon's, there is an option for most people. We have had MNC's for the past 3 years or so and this year will step up to the Ikon..still not sure which one. It might come down to, do we want Holiday access from our Mt. Rose pass or from the Ikon options (Squawlpine).

Jully

Putting on skis
Skier
Came across this on another forum:

The 2018/19 BOYNE Gold Pass will be eligible for a discounted Mountain Collective Pass. Pricing will be $249 and begin March 12.

http://www.boynehighlands.com/passes

Haven't heard of this before. This is related to the Boyne Michigan properties, but could it potentially be heading towards the eastern resorts too? Anyone else seen or know more about this?

givethepigeye

Really, just Rob will do
Skier
Just came home to 2 MC trucker hats and a thank you as a "Founding" member. Guess competition is a good thing. Still haven't made a decision for 2018/19.

Goran M.

Getting off the lift
Inactive
Bought MC today - deciding factor was "child Pass" for $1 since this is the last year that my daughter can take advantage of this promo.

I see this as an insurance policy in case NA or Europe have bad snow year. This year we got 8 days out of MC passes (5 dad + 3 daughter) and I am content with the price per day paid. I did use 2 days at Les Houches and most likely we'll use it again next year.

Another deciding factors were no blackout dates and lodging discounts.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January