• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Mountain biking 2019

Jersey Skier

aka RatherPlayThanWork or Gary
Skier
76A81FC7-68FD-4437-B7E4-F571F9A36DC5.jpeg

Too soon? I’ve already had three outdoor rides. Explains why my ski season hasn’t been the best.

I’ll leave it to the Mod’s to determine whether or not I was on a real mtb ride. Hopefully we can leave the arguments in the other two threads.

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
I as on my fat bike last weekend. I also talked my bro-in-law who is not a biker at all to giving my bike a try. he couldn't believe how much fun it was. we are having a bit of dry spell so I plan to get on the bike again soon. So much fun and the trail system has grown here substantially. they are even grooming some of the single track on the mountain behind my house.

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
My dad just reminded me that I mentioned racing in the Sisters Stampede over Memorial Day weekend this year. He seems to forget I said maybe depending on how school went. On the other hand, my sister who is usually very timid did commit and she just isn't very adventurous in this kind of thing so I want to support her.

Anyone want to join us?

TS
Jersey Skier

Jersey Skier

aka RatherPlayThanWork or Gary
Skier
FF95EFC6-8AEE-4F86-BDC9-3344F3C39782.jpeg
52 degrees yesterday. Only 50 higher than a few nights ago.

Tomorrow’s forecast is for the 60’s around here. My ski season is hoping that groundhog wasn’t right, but my bike shop could really use an early Spring.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
My dad just reminded me that I mentioned racing in the Sisters Stampede over Memorial Day weekend this year. He seems to forget I said maybe depending on how school went. On the other hand, my sister who is usually very timid did commit and she just isn't very adventurous in this kind of thing so I want to support her.

Anyone want to join us?

It's a really well run event. We'll be wrapping up a 10 day trip to Bend right before the race, so no go here.

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
It's a really well run event. We'll be wrapping up a 10 day trip to Bend right before the race, so no go here.

Yea, I was there last year and my dad has raced it for years. Just depends on what kind of training I can do.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
It's mid-March, and it's time to get this forum rolling for real.

Getting ready to slay the perfectly manicured hardpack trails of the Sun Valley Golf Course!

My first run at a fat bike. If I lived here, I'd absolutely own one.

Back to the skis tomorrow.

IMG_4696.jpg

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
^^^ Nice -- we're still looking at snow back home.

Maybe some clear trails in two more weeks.

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
It's mid-March, and it's time to get this forum rolling for real.

Getting ready to slay the perfectly manicured hardpack trails of the Sun Valley Golf Course!

My first run at a fat bike. If I lived here, I'd absolutely own one.

Back to the skis tomorrow.

Fat bikes are ridiculously fun! Mine is sitting patiently in the garage for me. I am trying to get my neighbor to take it out and get some time on it.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Fat bikes are ridiculously fun! Mine is sitting patiently in the garage for me. I am trying to get my neighbor to take it out and get some time on it.

Yeah, bummer about your down time. Here's hoping for a full, speedy recovery, and a full season of the brown pow!

Reactions: Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
Yeah, bummer about your down time. Here's hoping for a full, speedy recovery, and a full season of the brown pow!

THANKS! brown pow season will most likely be September (Maybe August) but I'm thinking @Bruuuce might want to take my Why, Big Iron out for a couple of spins.

fullsizeoutput_8ac.jpeg

Bruuuce

My advice is worth what you paid for it.
Skier
THANKS! brown pow season will most likely be September (Maybe August) but I'm thinking @Bruuuce might want to take my Why, Big Iron out for a couple of spins.

View attachment 68772

I may have to check it out to see if I become one of the converted. Is it heresy to say I'm looking forward to snow going away and getting on my MTB?

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Rides like yesterday have me considering putting away the skis for the season.

This is one sketchy bridge.

Yeah, that looks more like a bridge in progress!

Sponsor

Staff online