• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Mountain Biking 2018

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
From our ride today up in Alder Creek in Tahoe Donner.

View attachment 48981 View attachment 48982 View attachment 48983

Lookin' good!

So many good bikes so little time.

Try the Santa Cruz Hightower LT if you can. Lovin mine.

If you are looking for a more XC oriented bike then I would check out the Tallboy. But the HT LT has proven perfect for the front range and even some park (Keystone).

Those C-dale Triggers look great though!

...27.5 or 29 that is the question....

Those trails look pretty smooth and loose. Pretty similar to some trails around here where the plus tires shine although closer to my home trails are MUCH more rocky.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Lookin' good!

So many good bikes so little time.

Try the Santa Cruz Hightower LT if you can. Lovin mine.

If you are looking for a more XC oriented bike then I would check out the Tallboy. But the HT LT has proven perfect for the front range and even some park (Keystone).

Those C-dale Triggers look great though!

...27.5 or 29 that is the question....

Those trails look pretty smooth and loose. Pretty similar to some trails around here where the plus tires shine although closer to my home trails are MUCH more rocky.
If we go Trigger, it will be the 27.5, it just seems to work here.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
@Ken_R we really like these trails because they are flowy and fun, but there are definitely some rocky sections, we just don't happen to stop and take pictures in those areas.
This is one example of an area that is fairly rocky where a few trails intersect.
IMG_0147.JPG

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
are you riding there tomorrow?
We were thinking about another trail, but I can easily be persuaded to ride there again.
We're likely going early so we can beat the heat.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier

luliski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
We're likely going early so we can beat the heat.

We can. AM?
We were thinking about another trail, but I can easily be persuaded to ride there again.
I have to do some things at home before I go, so can't go until afternoon. Going to be 99 here today. Sorry I didn't see your replies until this morning. I wouldn't mind a different trail, as long as it's not Flintstones up to or down from Paige Meadows!

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I have to do some things at home before I go, so can't go until afternoon. Going to be 99 here today. Sorry I didn't see your replies until this morning. I wouldn't mind a different trail, as long as it's not Flintstones up to or down from Paige Meadows!
Next time. No worries. We are on a tight schedule today anyway.

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
Rode on the other side of Mansfield today in Undersell. Wandered around trying to find the top of the hill, didn't find it, but started to get the lay of the land.

Turns out that at this point we were riding up the downhill, couldn't make it up this, but on the way down it was nice to have scouted the hard parts.
8FD7948B-6A01-469B-9F03-D654319D92B8.jpeg

Interesting terrain, big boulders lying all around.
F4768559-4871-400A-834B-4CF579039C6D.jpeg

Caption this. Here's my try - "Good thing I don't ride in lycra anymore".
F57B60D8-FC86-4552-B9E8-396588247D7B.jpeg

Last edited:

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
My butt puckers just watching them riding across that ridgeline.
:eek:
Definitely not the type of riding that I do. That being said, I'm contemplating entering an icup race at Powder Mountain next month. Just wish the women had age divisions.
One of these days, I'll go attend Red Bull Rampage in person.

Reactions: Ron

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
Wanna guess the conditions at Highland today?
1287FCE9-012F-4A71-BCD1-550021428004.jpeg

Might be time for a new rear rotor.
BE2CA3C0-D361-4C42-977B-B122CE5F4772.jpeg

Last edited:

davjr96

Getting off the lift
Skier
Question for the CO Folks: If you had a couple hours to kill in the Front-Range/Summit Co, where would you bike? I'm planning my cross-country road trip back home to the east coast and will have some time to kill in the Rockies. I'm leaving Jackson, WY early AM on day 1. Driving to destination X in CO, spending the night there, and have to be at the Denver airport around noon on Day 2. So best case I have a whole afternoon to ride. Steamboat looks like a great stopping point and not too bad of a drive on Day 2. Thoughts?

Sponsor

Staff online