• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Mountain Biking 2018

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Spindle seal..not a huge deal, they look like sealed bearings. Don't have to rush out and get one for a small cut.

I just figured I'd ask if they can send me one, rather than a full rebuild kit. Nothing else looks worn down.

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I missed my bikes while traveling. Did the Springbrook loop from Doudy Draw for the first time (on a bike) this morning. The views weren’t bad.

F1279C2C-2641-4F15-B94E-B11C6EEA7CF7.jpeg
CB4EBC73-94FD-46F4-AF4A-EB76904D0B24.jpeg
AA540D0D-7928-41D6-AF00-FFF5BCD2C4BE.jpeg
34A82B7B-D155-4FBD-8C3E-95EF6B9FA0C9.jpeg

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Did the Springbrook loop from Doudy Draw for the first time (on a bike) this morning. The views weren’t bad.

<3 Springbrook.

davjr96

Getting off the lift
Skier
Great Ride in the Soquel Demo Forest this morning. Took a wrong turn and ending up going down the Corral trail instead of Braille but it was still awesome. I keep telling myself I really should explore the bay area trails more while I'm here but its hard when Demo is so good. Also thanks to everyone who gave me suspension advice a couple of pages ago! Rear is now almost perfect and I am getting closer on the front...
IMG_20180609_101713.jpg

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Elk Meadows in Evergreen gets you pretty high but is nearby. I usually park at the lower trailhead and do the loop counterclockwise. Climb to the top of Bergen Peak, of course. Gets you up to 9,700 feet. Let me know if you want more info.

https://www.jeffco.us/DocumentCenter/View/9369/Elk-Meadow-Park-Map

Went there yesterday at about 4pm. It was really fun! Did not go to the top of the Peak, those switchbacks are pretty tough. But did two laps of the lower trails. The Elk Ridge trail downhill was super fun, super rocky and with plenty of little drops. Definitely not for beginners! Some people were pedaling up it! The top section of the Meadow View trail is certainly the best part. Lots of rocky parts thrown in for good measure but overall pretty fast. Loved it. Oh, and it was in the 70's!

thx for the recommendation

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
I installed all the new traction pins (and I'm gonna go find my shin guards now ...), got the pedals mounted on the bike successfully, and carefully cleaned the drivetrain. Given ... I forget whose ... suggestion above, I thought, hey, I did notice the dropper post sticking last time I rode ... it's easy enough even for a novice bike mechanic (hah) like me to take a look in the seat tube. Can't say whether the noise originated there or not, but I'm glad I took a peek ...

20180609_131215.jpg

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Pretty, though ....

Jwrags

Aka pwdrhnd
Skier
Read they were evacuating Purgatory today because of the fire. I guess the fires in the are are no surprise after such a terrible snow year, which I got to experience on our trip to Purgatory in February. My thoughts go out to all of the people in that area.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Staunton Park was spectacular today specially on the West Meadow - Chimney Rock trail loop and the Marmot Passage trail. Almost no one on those trails. Lots of people on the other trails obviously.

IMG_1464.jpeg
IMG_1467.jpeg
IMG_1461.jpeg
IMG_1463.jpeg

Eric267

Gettin after it
Skier
Great Ride in the Soquel Demo Forest this morning. Took a wrong turn and ending up going down the Corral trail instead of Braille but it was still awesome. I keep telling myself I really should explore the bay area trails more while I'm here but its hard when Demo is so good. Also thanks to everyone who gave me suspension advice a couple of pages ago! Rear is now almost perfect and I am getting closer on the front...
View attachment 47389

If your looking to venture a bit

Annadel in Santa Rosa

Camp tamarancho and China camp in Marin

Rockville park off the 80 in Fairfield is worth a detour if your headed from the bay to Tahoe

davjr96

Getting off the lift
Skier
If your looking to venture a bit

Annadel in Santa Rosa

Camp tamarancho and China camp in Marin

Rockville park off the 80 in Fairfield is worth a detour if your headed from the bay to Tahoe

Thanks! I'll look into those. I also just booked a shuttle for Downieville next weekend, couldn't resist...

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
My young friend and I rode this trail near Wenatchee, WA yesterday. Very rowdy, rocky downhill, especially for the first two miles of the eleven mile descent. I'll be back, for sure!

IMG_2256.JPG

Sponsor