• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Mountain Biking 2016!

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I suppose @SkiNurse is not mixing in because it would be unprofessional to opine without a proper history and exam. :wave:

JeffB

ODAT
Skier
So, my 4-person coed team in the mtb relay ... troopers. I was definitely not at my best, but we all rode hard, enjoyed a beer afterward, and there were no injuries or major mechanicals. In our category - NO age handicaps - there were 11 teams. We were fourth, heartbreakingly only 4 minutes out of third after twelve hours of racing. Oh well. Here are some pics.

View attachment 13847

View attachment 13848

My friend, Patrick.
View attachment 13849 View attachment 13850

Fabulous cowbell jersey -

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I was just messing around on a carriage road yesterday slaloming on a slight downhill playing with setting an "edge". Took it too far and want down kind of hard and fast. Was falling right into some really big rocks - instinct was to tense up and lead with my hands/arms. I realized I needed to stay loose and roll which I did and escaped with just a slightly skinned knee. I am actually kind of proud of my falling skill. lol

tromano

Goin' the way they're pointed...
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I am basking in mud from my morning ride right now. Drinking a beer.

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
Sunday was my friend Joe's 80th birthday. Joe achieved his PSIA LIII when he was 67 years old & is still teaching. We get together a few times a month for a group ride which usually goes about 20 miles with at least one 1K' climb. Sunday's ride had a record 18 people (at least for the first part) from 3 generations.
Joe continues to be an inspiration to many!
Joe 80 group.jpg

Joe in the lead...
Joe 80.jpg

Happy Birthday Joe!

TS
AmyPJ

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
That's awesome, @4ster! You sure make me want to spend a summer in Tahoe!

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Well, this morning I busted a spoke on my road bike about 10 minutes into my ride. I couldn't stomach the idea of an indoor workout so I pulled out my little used 10 year old hardtail mountain bike and headed to the Marshall Mesa Trailhead. Scared the crap outta myself a couple of times but stayed upright. And enjoyed it. We have a great bike park right by my office so maybe I'll do a little skill work after work while there's still enough light.

Attachments

• IMG_3038.JPG
    IMG_3038.JPG
    134.4 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_3044.JPG
    IMG_3044.JPG
    108.1 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_3039.JPG
    IMG_3039.JPG
    131.2 KB · Views: 21
TS
AmyPJ

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
So.Much.Rain. No riding for quite awhile here. I am hopeful that this is an indicator of what kind of winter we're going to have. Wasatch Snow Report says a wet October historically means a snowy winter :yahoo:

4ster

Instructor
3 round storm began Friday in Tahoe!
Got out for a leafer ride on Thursday as it was coming in...
image.jpeg

Crazy rain & wind all day Friday with a short break Saturday morning as round 2 rolled but the dirt was the best since Springtime...
image.jpeg

Bigger rain Saturday afternoon blended right into even steadier rain & wind all day & night Sunday...
image.jpeg

Finally turned cold in the wee hours this morning to leave a dusting of snow at lake level this morning...
image.jpeg

ZionPow

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Jup.jpg

Rode at Park City this past weekend. It was really warm and all the snow from the previous weekend was melted up to the 9000 foot level on Pinecone!

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
20161023_161721.jpg

The season may be approaching its end for me. I just added a KS eTen dropper post to my Sug. I'd been riding with a quick release clamp and realized the convenience of a remote was priceless.

4ster

Instructor
6" of rain a week ago has made for the best dirt in a loong time.
Got an up & back ride on the new Stinger trail near the SE corner of Tahoe on Thursday
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Sponsor

Staff online