• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

LKLA

Out on the slopes
Skier
Mount Snow will have 14 trails open this weekend - more than any other resort in the East.

Planned terrain for opening day includes top-to-bottom skiing on:

Cascade
Canyon
Free Fall
Long John

Additional trails planned for Saturday include:

Deer Run
River Run
Little John
Launch Pad

More terrain scheduled to open through the weekend.

Last edited:

K2 Rat

Out on the slopes
Skier
I will be there tomorrow ! This is the earliest I can remember them opening and nice that they are putting their new snowmaking pond to work early. They will have over 100 acres open as opposed to Killington's 17. And no need to hike like Killington. Never easy to show up Killington on early season skiing, but looks like Mt Snow is this year !!

But Killington is making a ton of snow on Superstar right now in preparation for the World Cup and that effort has to be applauded !!

Last edited:

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
When we were hanging at the bullwheel last month Chelsea, everyone's favorite bartender said see you guys in a month.

Pretty cool.

Here's to a nice long season at one of my favorite mountains. Only wish snow would give us pass holders a day before general opening like Killington does.

Have fun this weekend.

Last edited:
TS
LKLA

LKLA

Out on the slopes
Skier
Mount Snow ski patrol this afternoon!

23434982_10156012728771522_3494207646275546999_n.jpg

Carolinacub

Yes thats a Cubs hat I'm wearing
Skier
Our Patrol Director's daughter is on the Ski Patrol at Mt. Snow. She's been joyfully busting his chops because she's skiing already and we're not.

K2 Rat

Out on the slopes
Skier
I am not. But was there this past Sat and Sun. Amazing how much snow they made and they did a great job. Sat was a bit of a challenge as they were making snow in your face everywhere and goggles got frozen over every run. Guns were off on Sunday and it was pretty good and so much better than Sat.
I even made The Weather Channel with a few of my of my Mt Snow Academy racers ( a Mt Snow on-hill photographer snapped this pic)

IMG_7364.PNG

asnowmobiler

Advanced Beginner
Skier
They did an awesome job of getting the trail open in such a short time period.
I arrived just before they opened on Saturday and my legs were shot by noon, even with a few breaks. Did a few runs Sunday morning before heading back the Pa, there was hardly anyone there when I left around 9:30
The snow guns were a pain in the ass (face) but it was not stopping anyone from having a good time.

K2 Rat

Out on the slopes
Skier
They did an awesome job of getting the trail open in such a short time period.
I arrived just before they opened on Saturday and my legs were shot by noon, even with a few breaks. Did a few runs Sunday morning before heading back the Pa, there was hardly anyone there when I left around 9:30
The snow guns were a pain in the ass (face) but it was not stopping anyone from having a good time.

I rode the lift with someone on Sat AM who said they left PA at 4:30am and that there legs were hurting. Maybe that was you? Sunday was so much better as all guns were off by 9:30. They must have waited for you to stop before turning them off !! :)

asnowmobiler

Advanced Beginner
Skier
That to had to be me.
Light blue jacket
It was 4:15 lol
My legs hurt so bad Sunday and with the guns blowing in my face, I decided to head home. I did make a detour to Windom to get new boots, but they were too busy.

K2 Rat

Out on the slopes
Skier
That to had to be me.
Light blue jacket
It was 4:15 lol
My legs hurt so bad Sunday and with the guns blowing in my face, I decided to head home. I did make a detour to Windom to get new boots, but they were too busy.

Don't remember that jacket. But I coach at Mt Snow Academy and I got on the lift with a 4 kids and a single joined us. Maybe it was you?

CalG

Out on the slopes
Pass Pulled
End of the day was left with wind buff over a rather glassy base. Such is sweep.

The groomers have a job ahead. Rain forecast won't help.

The plan is for massive snow making next week for Turkey Day enjoyment.
Think resurface the present trails and add, Snow Dance, Ridge, Lodge and Nitro
Mount Snow ski patrol this afternoon!

23434982_10156012728771522_3494207646275546999_n.jpg
Matt already knows he is a hero, and the best skier on the mountain. ;-)