• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

mostly wine stuff

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Yeah, all the dregs snuck up. Didn't note then till near empty

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Oops,

Really nice, good depth View attachment 88096
I'm a big isosceles fan. The first time I had it was at Gold MIner's Daughter during a Utah Gathering. I was eating dinner with @cosmoliu and several other people.
We had a few bottles of good stuff that the diners in the group had brought.

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
Back from 10 days in Madrid > Toledo > Barcelona. Some highlights:

This tiny producer from outside Toledo making really good tempranillo without the heaviness of Rioja.
vThAlEG.jpg

This white made out of Malvasia grapes from Catalonia. Very nicely made *if* you like lightly oxidative, off-dry wines with tons of acid.

p1PF4Nf.jpg

This was my first taste of anything made out of the marselan grape. And it was awesome. (As was the sumoll we had by the same producer). If you're ever in Barcelona and like wine, go to Monvinic and don't think twice about it. (We went to a bunch of others I can recommend to.)

ReFq2Dm.jpg

In Madrid I learned that I really liked sherry. And you're never going to drink better sherry outside of Jerez than at La Venencia in Madrid. Straight from the cask to your glass. The most expensive pours are 2.20. Though my favorite (fino) was just 1.80. Simple tapas. Photos not allowed (minor ops, thats our tab). No tipping.

HC1h2jB.jpg

Oh yeah -- and we booked a place for the wedding wine getaway. Just outside of Tavel and Lirac in the Southern Rhone Valley. Short drive to Chateauneuf du pape, Gigondas and the like.

TS
Tony S

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
In Madrid I learned that I really liked sherry. And you're never going to drink better sherry outside of Jerez than at La Venencia in Madrid. Straight from the cask to your glass. The most expensive pours are 2.20. Though my favorite (fino) was just 1.80. Simple tapas. Photos not allowed (minor ops, thats our tab). No tipping.

Totally love sherry. Manzanilla is my favorite, generally speaking.

Many years ago Lustau had a Palo Cortado that absolutely made me swoon. I think it was one of their "almacenista" bottlings, but not certain. In any case I never see those anymore. Maybe it's because I don't live in the big city.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
On Christmas Eve we have the traditional dinner of 7 fishes and I know most would have white wine. But we just like red

Attachments

• WP_20191224_19_08_30_Pro.jpg
    WP_20191224_19_08_30_Pro.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 4

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Ok, this is one of the best wines I have ever had. Courtesy of Jeff at après ski after an amazing powder day at Snowbird.
20200111_171045.jpg
Domaine du Pegau Chateaneuf du Pape, 2012.

Sponsor