• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

mostly wine stuff

skibob

Skiing the powder
Skier
Good point and idea! I need to find something akin to Ketchup to add to wine! Wine personalization seasonings to tailor the experience ... I can see an industry growing. ogsmile

yeah, I'm glad I haven't any such issues drinking wine, suspect if I had, I simply would never of grown to love wine.

Only wines I or my wife seem to avoid is the Aussie Shiraz .. don't know why but long ago we'd both had off next days, not ill or headaches, just off and seemed to correlate with em. We've lately had a few buys of higher quality (least from reviews read) ones with out issue. This or maybe back then we swilled too much!
I've never gotten into Barossa Shiraz. But there is a little gem from what they call "Pyrenees" (north of Melbourne) called Dalwhinnie. If you ever spot this gem, snap it up. Not cheap ($40 US or so), but worth every penny I promise.

TS
Tony S

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Now we are talking.

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Speaking of French wine ... picked this up the other night, sure it's distilled, but was once wine.

I never really put two and two together, always liked Brandy so just one more reason to drink it, found it really good.

20190521_164402.jpeg

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
I found another bottle of this at the shore house and it is not that bad for a NY Vineyard.
WP_20190525_18_54_55_Pro.jpg

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I am on a temporary no citrus - no coffee - no WINE diet to try to clear up the throat irritation left over from that persistent cough I had all winter. Bummer. Here's hoping it's only for a week or two.

Uncle-A

Skier
I am on a temporary no citrus - no coffee - no WINE diet to try to clear up the throat irritation left over from that persistent cough I had all winter. Bummer. Here's hoping it's only for a week or two.
That is a bummer no coffee or wine, hope you feel better soon.

TS
Tony S

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter

Ouch. Triple jeopardy.

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
giving a try of the Lohr Hilltop, think I like it, maybe needs to open up a wee but for my limited skills in description .. definitely finishes on the dry side.

picked the proper glass, my dogs are my buddies tonight out on the deck

20190601_191329.jpeg

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
If you think you don't like sav blanc, this is an inexpensive way to test that assumption -- Chateau La Rame Blanc sec (no -- it's not sweet). Scrumptious. Full. Lots of zesty lemon. Limestone and acidity without being as "lean" as most your new world sav blancs.

62009133_344768382849227_7224636837325701120_n.jpg
I'd guess this is ~$15-18 retail, as it showed up in my bi-monthly $100 case from the wine pro friend.

Uncle-A

Skier
Does anyone have an idea which year is better for a California Cab, 2015 or 2016?

Mendieta

Master of Snowplow
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor

Uncle-A

Skier

Sponsor

Staff online