• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

More scratches on inside of left boot than right boot ?

Ptrqc

Booting up
Skier
Hi,

Just got in a new pair of boots, which made me notice after a few days of skiing that the insides of my boots scratch faster on my left boot than on the right (almost none on the right).

Scratches are of course from ski-boot contact: wondered what this might say about my skiing technique (and what I could do to improve).

Typically ski 72 to 84 wide waisted skis, keeping a wide stance carving on piste and bringing feet together when in moguls/bumps.

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I’ll let the possible technique issues up to the instructors but my question would be if you have ever had your boot alignment checked and boots canted, if needed? If not that may be a possibility.

Kneale Brownson

Making fresh tracks forever on the other side
Instructor
I’d guess you are right foot dominant and slower to release your right ski into turns

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I’ll let the possible technique issues up to the instructors but my question would be if you have ever had your boot alignment checked and boots canted, if needed? If not that may be a possibility.
Yup. Get alignment checked.

Kneale Brownson

Making fresh tracks forever on the other side
Instructor
You need to release the right ski into the turn as you begin to pressure the left, not after.

Sponsor