• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Eastern Canada Mont Sainte-Anne Season Pass Prices

crazycanuck

Getting on the lift
Skier
Anyone been a season pass member at MSA recently? Hard to tell if I am misreading it, but I seem to be able to find a page listing 2019-20 season pass prices (https://mont-sainte-anne.com/en/season-passes-2/) and then of course a page with their 2020-21 prices on it (https://mont-sainte-anne.com/en/alpine-skiing-season-passes/)... unless the 2019-20 was not their real prices it would seem like it is a 150% price increase?! I feel like I must be missing something, so what do people think who have been MSA pass members in the past? I know prices are likely to climb next year, but 150% increase is extreme, so surely I am misreading something.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
...it would seem like it is a 150% price increase?!
Well, just to get the terminology straight it's a 50% increase - actually it's a 63% increase ($683 this season vs. $419 last). And it doesn't seem all that extreme in absolute dollars, but it is a big increase. Perhaps they're anticipating that they need to make up revenue lost in food/drink, and are raising ticket/pass prices - and are assuming competitors will follow suit?

TS
crazycanuck

crazycanuck

Getting on the lift
Skier
Well, just to get the terminology straight it's a 50% increase - actually it's a 63% increase ($683 this season vs. $419 last). And it doesn't seem all that extreme in absolute dollars, but it is a big increase. Perhaps they're anticipating that they need to make up revenue lost in food/drink, and are raising ticket/pass prices - and are assuming competitors will follow suit?

Apologies, you are absolutely right, my terminology isn't clear. The increase percentages are all over the map though, and the pass that was $419 last season (individual 18-64) is actually $1386 this season! The $683 pass is for kids.

The increase that I was most surprised with was the 3-person family rate that went from $749 to $2855!!!

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
... the pass that was $419 last season (individual 18-64) is actually $1386 this season! The $683 pass is for kids...
Holy cow... I just saw the "starting at" $683 price and didn't realize I could click further. That is a huge increase. I wonder if those are just place holders and they don't really have things worked out yet.

TS
crazycanuck

crazycanuck

Getting on the lift
Skier
So it is possible that that page for 2020-21 is incorrect and shouldn't be posted... I wrote to ask them about season pass prices and they responded:
Hi!​
We don't have our prices for next season. Usually ou pre-sale begins mid-Septebmer.​
Thanks and have a good day!​

Sponsor

Staff online