• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Umm, I meant what amount of 83/88 Monsters sold this year when they were available vs next years sales of the Kore 87 of course. :roflmao:

Laser AX and AR both have great shaped tips for edge grip AND smoothly gliding over things. Fantastic skis.
Afraid the 2021 Supershapes still have bulldozing tips style according to pics and the Kore 87 will Of course be too lightweight/tapered to compare to the Monsters.

Hoping the 2021 Brahma 88 skis as well as I’m hearing as it might be a suitable replacement. Tweaks to it’s shape/flex should improve upon the current Brahma 88 at both ends of the ski day. It now has better sizing options too. The current Brahma 88 was definitely outclassed on morning groomers vs the Monster 88 but reviews saying carving performance and edge grip have been improved on the new version. Anxious to try them out!
Trying out some Kendo 88 in this width I got on a deal but already eyeing those new Brahmas. Lol

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
I've skied both the new e Titan and Rally... they most definately don't have the snub tips. If it were primarily front side application, the new Rally is very nice. I may well be skiing them instead of the Titan. I'm hoping the Titan will be a go to work-a-day get it done ski. It doesn't have have to be amazing, but it has to be good at everything. First world problems...

tromano

Goin' the way they're pointed...
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Monsters were killed once before and came back. My wife still skis her 13yo im88 with 250 days on them and her 16-17 88ti with 100+ days. Still going strong.

My monster 98s have 80 ish days and fell like they are just getting broken in.

Thinking Head will bring these will be back in 2-4 years when the population in the wild has aged out. And people are clamoring for them.

markojp

Industry Insider
Instructor
Hope you're right. :)

markojp

Industry Insider
Instructor
I've skied both the new e Titan and Rally... they most definately don't have the snub tips. If it were primarily front side application, the new Rally is very nice. I may well be skiing them instead of the Titan. I'm hoping the Titan will be a go to work-a-day get it done ski. It doesn't have have to be amazing, but it has to be good at everything. First world problems...

Just tossing this out there, but still having a serviceable monster 88, I got an eRally rather than an eTitan and have really enjoyed them! These feel much stronger, more solid underfoot than I ever recall the iRally being. One issue though was the factory base structure... it was much too aggressive and needed to be restructured to allow the ski to swim and move sideways a bit. Edges were reset at 1/3. I've been pleasantly surprised at their all around versatility from trenching, to teaching, and free skiing in shallow off piste and bumps of all sizes. The new tip shape is excellent and the key to its versatility. The old iRally always had a distinct speed limit for me, but the eRally is very comfortable moving right along! I don't really know about all the 'e' tech, but it does have a great combo of quick and damp that I personally enjoy in this type of ski. I think this is a very nice front side all arounder that's flying well under the Covid ski season radar. Another ski in this category would be the Dynastar speed zone 4x4 82, which is also an excellent. Both are quicker turning than the Lazer AR.

. (For transparency's sake, I do have a relationship with Head.)

Last edited:

Sponsor