• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Monster 88, Mantra M5, or Enforcer 93

noggin

Getting on the lift
Skier
Over the last 6-8 years or so and up until this year the Monster 83 and Monster 88 were my "go to" skis for the east. They are great solid rides and can address for the varying conditions that change on day to the next on the east coast. One thing I noticed that both skis would smear slip pivots etc.. and but remind the pilot that's not what they were meant to do. There was always the reminder to the pilot the "need to be driven."
I demoed the E-93 late last year and sold my 88s and 83 this year and not looked back. The E 93 is my daily now. I think its perfect for what you're looking for. It charges as much as the 88 but is just as happy just smearing and being lazy all day. Easy to get on edge and stay there is great for a wide ski and grip is just a little less than the tenacious grip on the M88.
IMHO E93 will fit the bill and is great ski for what you are looking for.

TS
Edmond Gurdo

Edmond Gurdo

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Over the last 6-8 years or so and up until this year the Monster 83 and Monster 88 were my "go to" skis for the east. They are great solid rides and can address for the varying conditions that change on day to the next on the east coast. One thing I noticed that both skis would smear slip pivots etc.. and but remind the pilot that's not what they were meant to do. There was always the reminder to the pilot the "need to be driven."
I demoed the E-93 late last year and sold my 88s and 83 this year and not looked back. The E 93 is my daily now. I think its perfect for what you're looking for. It charges as much as the 88 but is just as happy just smearing and being lazy all day. Easy to get on edge and stay there is great for a wide ski and grip is just a little less than the tenacious grip on the M88.
IMHO E93 will fit the bill and is great ski for what you are looking for.

Thanks for the great feedback. That is the direction I was leaning, and your review pushed me over the top. I just ordered 2019 E93 in a 177cm and a 2019 Santa Ana 93 in a 161cm for the wife. I am currently selling my Monster 108 and I think I’ll end up selling my Monster 88 if I like these. I plan to keep the 2019 Monster 93, 2019 Enforcer 93, and the 2019 Soul 7 HD for a complete 3 ski quiver.

noggin

Getting on the lift
Skier
:golfclap: Sounds like a solid plan and glad I could help.
All the best

fasteddie

Down the hill with speed pls! Love Italian Beefs!
Skier
The 2018-2019 Blizzard Brahma 88, in 180cm or 173cm, meets all of your requirements. With a softer flex and more tip and tail rocker than the Monster 88 it will be better in bumps and for slithering through crud and trees, but the two sheets of metal and moderate weight still give it decent stability and grip.

have the Brahmas 2018 and love em! 5’10” 225 lbs....

Sponsor

Staff online